: A character holds his/her crotch to hold the pee.
- Straight: Alice is having a Potty Emergency, and dances trying to hold it in.
- Exaggerated: Alice realizes she has to pee and immediately breaks into an energetic and impressively skillful tap dance.
- Downplayed: As her Potty Emergency grows more severe, Alice is briefly seen bouncing back and forth.
- Justified: Alice is really struggling to hold it, and she either thinks she's alone or isn't easily embarrassed.
- Inverted: Alice is dancing at a nightclub, but stops when she notices she has to pee.
- Subverted: Alice is seen dancing like this, but it turns out she's just on stage at a talent show.
- Double Subverted: Afterwards she reveals that she really does need to use the bathroom, and does the exact same dance backstage.
- Parodied: As soon as Alice starts potty dancing, music plays and everyone nearby breaks into Spontaneous Choreography.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Alice doesn't have to go to the bathroom.
- Alice has to go to the bathroom but gives no indication of it.
- Enforced: The writers want to make Alice's Potty Emergency more obvious without adding extra dialogue.
- Lampshaded: Alice exclaims she is embarrassed doing her "dance."
- Invoked: Bob gives Alice a Gigantic Gulp while she's watching her favorite movie, and locks the bathroom door afterward.
- Exploited: When Alice drinks a Gigantic Gulp and announces that she's going to the bathroom, Bob turns on his webcam and starts filming her.
- Defied: Alice does not do a dance, as it would embarrass her.
- Discussed: "Are you doing the bathroom dance?"
- Conversed: "Why do characters dance when they have to go?"
- Deconstructed: Someone video tapes her "dance" and uploads it to YouTube. It becomes an internet meme in an instant.
- Reconstructed: After her friends see the video, they decide not to talk about it.
- Played For Drama: Alice becomes a laughing stock after friend see the "dance" she is doing.
Back to Potty Dance