- Putting one's hands on one's genitals, or grabbing the clothes (especially if the person in question is wearing a skirt) near them. Looks different from A Date with Rosie Palms as they are not usually acting lusty or enjoying it. People may also do this if they are the victims of a Groin Attack. Justified, since this may prevent pee from flowing out and thus prevent Potty Failure.
- Moaning, whimpering, and/or stammering.
- Pursed lips or clenching teeth.
- Teary eyes (can also mean they are sad, very happy, or just have something in their eyes).
- Bending down a bit, especially forward.
- Acting distracted. Obviously doesn't apply if they already have Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!. The reason for this in Real Life is because they are distracted by the Potty Emergency.
- Swaying one's hips. However some people do this with regular dancing, so watch out for other signs, too.
- Putting one's feet apart and knees together, or just crossing the legs.
- Jumping from foot to foot or up and down, however more cowardly characters might do that when they are just worried, and more goofy/happy characters might do that because they are happy.
- Worried or overly serious expression (which may also include squeezing eyes shut). Could also be a sign of anxiety.
- Turning red in the face, which is also a sign of anxiety, embarrassment, or fever.
- Sweating (Ditto).
- Inability to be still; fidgeting, bouncing, and/or shaking.
- Erratic walking pattern(s).
Analysis / Potty Dance
It varies a bit, but common signs of the potty dance — sitting, lying down, or standing — include: