Playing With: Potty Failure
Basic Trope: Someone fails to make it to the bathroom in time and has an accident.
Back to Potty Failure
- Straight: After searching desperately for a place to relieve herself and finding none, Alice wets her pants.
- Alice's accident is so huge that it completely soaks through her jeans and makes a huge puddle on the floor.
- Thanks to a spectacularly successful Laxative Prank all the cheerleaders have a gigantic simultaneous accident, ruining their costumes and completely flooding the locker room.
- Downplayed: After suffering a particularly severe Potty Emergency and reaching a toilet just in the nick of time, Alice examines her panties and is dismayed to find a small wet spot.
- Alice just finished drinking an entire Gigantic Gulp before getting trapped in an elevator. Naturally, her bladder can only accommodate so much liquid, and when it reaches that tipping point...
- Suffering from extreme Weight Woe, Alice resorts to taking a powerful diuretic shortly before getting captured by Doctor Torment and tied to a chair. Thanks to the water pill her bladder fills right up in no time, and before long she just can't hold it another second.
- Subverted: In the throes of an absolutely desperate Potty Emergency, Alice runs into the bathroom only to find the stall door locked, with an "out of order" sign on it. So she turns around and pees in the sink instead.
- Double Subverted: But in trying to pull down her pants while perched on the rim of the sink, she loses her balance, crashes to the ground and finally loses control.
- Parodied: Alice's Potty Failure ensues on stage in the middle of her college graduation speech. Afterwards she's given an honorary induction into the highly exclusive sorority Rho Epsilon Epsilon.
- Zig Zagged: Alice carelessly drinks an entire Gigantic Gulp shortly before she has to be a live model for the art class's 3-hour final exam. Belatedly realizing her mistake just when the exam is about to start and knowing that she's just sure to have a humiliating accident if she doesn't relieve herself first, she rushes to the nearest bathroom and steps into one of the two stalls. But before she can start to go, Betty and Claire rush in, both clearly in the middle of an absolutely desperate Potty Emergency. Betty takes the remaining stall, leaving Claire to wait. Between the sound of Betty loudly relieving herself and Claire pounding on the stall doors and telling them both to hurry up, Alice's Shy Bladder simply refuses to let go. Annoyed, she exits the stall and accidentally runs right into Claire, knocking both of them to the ground, and the shock causes Claire to lose control and pee all over the floor.
- Enforced: The writers need a quick source of Toilet Humor, and Alice is the designated Chew Toy.
- Lampshaded: "Gotta go! Gotta go!... Oh, nevermind..."
- Exploited: When Alice has an accident and ruins her cheerleader costume right before the Big Game, her friends offer to sell her a spare costume at a huge markup.
- Defied: Knowing that she won't have access to a bathroom all day, Alice avoids a messy and humiliating accident by wearing a diaper.
- Discussed: "Did she just pee her pants"
- Conversed: "I would hate to be Alice right now!"
- Alice is captured and tied to a chair by some villains. Later, after Bob defeats them and rescues her, somebody is seen cleaning a wet stain from the chair.
- Alice runs off in the midst of an extremely desperate Potty Emergency, and upon her return has inexplicably discarded her panties.
- Brenda is using the toilet when Alice dashes to bathroom door and tells her to hurry up. Brenda calls back that she's almost done, but after a few moments Alice just replies, "Um... you know what, never mind..."
- Deconstructed: Alice is publicly humiliated, and will have to walk around in smelly wet clothes.
- Reconstructed: Alice finds a place where she can get cleaned up and get some clean clothes, and nobody mentions the incident.
- Played For Drama: It causes lots of social embarrassment for Alice.
Back to Potty Failure