Playing With: Go-Go Enslavement
Basic Trope: For whatever reason, the Damsel in Distress is forced to wear skimpy clothing.
Back to Go-Go Enslavement
- Straight: After Dirk Dastardly captures Helpless Holly, he forces her to wear a bikini.
- Exaggerated: Holly is given no clothing whatsoever, and she has to make do as best she can with strategically placed chains.
- Downplayed: Holly is forced to wear a reasonably modest outfit, but it's still pretty skimpy compared to what she usually wears.
- Dirk's lair is in a place with a warm climate and No Nudity Taboo.
- Dirk is very cautious and has Holly wear skimpy clothes so he can tell whether or not she's hiding weapons or stealing something.
- The clothing Holly is given is normal clothing from Dirk's culture and Holly's clothing was damaged during her capture.
- Dirk's a pervert or has a harem of captured women (with Holly as his latest victim).
- Dirk is a slave trader who wants to show his goods at the coming auction.
- Subverted: Dirk provides Holly with new clothes. It's a rather tasteful floor length dress.
- Double Subverted: ...which turns out to be a see-through nightgown.
- Dirk is The Fundamentalist, and he forces Holly to wear clothing that is skimpy by his standards, but is ridiculously conservative by everyone else's.
- Holly is not considered attractive (either from a Hollywood or real-world perspective) and still has to wear a bikini or skimpy outfit, thus invoking Fan Disservice.
- Brave Bob fails in his attempt to rescue Holly and is captured. The next shot shows him wearing another bikini, in the cell next to hers.
- Zig Zagged: Dirk provides his hostages with modest or skimpy clothing based on his choosing. Holly complains about the bikini, mocking the pathetic sexuality of a man who gets his kicks by exposing helpless women, and Dirk apologises, explaining that it's more of a power demonstration than anything else. Then it emerges that he has a secret camera installed in the cage...
- Averted: Holly isn't forced to wear anything.
- Enforced: "We want Holly to be the show's Ms. Fanservice without coming off as a whore. Ooh, let's have Dirk force her to wear a bikini when he captures her".
- Lampshaded: "Nice outfit, Holly... did he buy you some roses and chocolates too?"
- Invoked: "I have no taste for this kind of thing, my dear, but one must keep up appearances in the villain business"
- Exploited: Dirk is a Corrupt Corporate Executive CEO of a softcore porn company, and this is how videos starring Holly start out.
- Defied: "Don't worry, I won't outfit you in some tasteless fetishwear. Even Evil Has Standards, you know"
- Discussed: "I'll bet any money she's wearing a skimpy outfit".
- Conversed: "Why are they always wearing skimpy clothing?"
- Implied: Holly is captured and taken to her cell. We hear her voice from behind the door saying: "There's no way I'm wearing that!", just before making a quick escape. We never see what sort of outfit was planned for her.
- Deconstructed: The work explores the Unfortunate Implications of a villain who forces his female captives to wear suggestive clothing. Luckily, Holly manages to escape the worst of Dirk's intentions by mockingly asking what his Freudian Excuse is, touching a raw nerve and causing him to let his guard down.
- Reconstructed: Dirk laughs off Alice's Armchair Psychology and explains that he doesn't do it for personal titillation, he just knows how humiliating it is - and as a bonus, it restricts his prisoners' potential concealment opportunities.
- Played For Laughs: "Now I have you, my pretty, and soon your little boyfriend will stumble into my tr- why are you stripping off? No, I did NOT force you to! What kind of sick- get dressed! People will think I'm a pervert. And get off my leg! Christ, you're like a horny labrador... Guards!"
- Played For Drama:
- Holly is Purity Personified, and being forced to wear such skimpy clothing in public is psychological torture. Dirk's sleazy henchmen leer at her constantly, and she spends every moment in fear that one of them will decide to have his way with her. Even after she's rescued, she has Bad Dreams flashing back to her imprisonment for years afterwards.
- Dirk is a Serial Killer that enjoys offering his victims a Sadistic Choice: In this case, Holly can walk out of that open door into a raging snowstorm wearing only a bikini and freeze to death, or remain next to the potent calefactor in this room, awaiting an uncertain future.
Back to Go-Go Enslavement