: A thing that is usually safe is harmful in a video game.
- Straight: Bob is in a forest, but if he touches the deer or birds he gets hurt.
- Exaggerated: If Bob touches anything such as rocks, tree stumps, and even the floor, he explodes in a shower of gore.
- Downplayed: Bob is in a forest. Lingering too close to deer or birds will get them attacking him, but if he moves away then they will not bother him.
- The animals will only fight back if Bob hurts them first.
- The villain made every object a Happy Fun Ball.
- Bob lives in Australia.
- Bob is on a planet ruled by a hostile Genius Loci.
- Bob lives in a Death World.
- Bob gets shot at by a minion but doesn't lose any life.
- Bob's trying to die; in response, everything and everyone is trying to keep him alive.
- Bob is trying to kill everything.
- Subverted: A bird charges towards Bob, but inflicts no damage.
- Double Subverted: The knockback from the bird's attack pushes Bob into a trap.
- Parodied: A chair suddenly comes to life and tries to eat Bob.
- Zig Zagged: During his first visit to the forest, the deer and birds are harmful to Bob, but on his second visit they do no damage.
- Averted: All the enemies are things that make sense as enemies.
- Enforced: The developers couldn't think of any enemies that fit in with the theme of the level, so they just made random things into enemies.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: Emperor Evulz genetically engineered the deer and birds to be coated in poison.
- Exploited: Bob, who has years of experience with the Forest of Death, lures pursuers into it to meet the deer and birds.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Bob becomes afraid to leave his house because he will get attacked if he goes outside.
- Reconstructed: Bob learns various self-defense techniques in order to protect himself from the enemies.
Go back to the main page before this Playing With page kills you.