- From "Big Scare in the Big Easy", the gang spends a lot of time searching through a graveyard and looking for clues about two ghosts that come to life and fight each other. These ghosts are pretty terrifying, about as much as you can get from this series.
- It's made worse when Daphne tells Shaggy and Scooby that she wasn't wailing, and the ending implies that it was one of them moaning from beyond the grave.
- From "Farmed and Dangerous", the Monster of the Week is a zombie farmer with rotting, green flesh.
- PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!
- The Teaser from "A Terrifying Round with a Menacing Metallic Clown", where a pair of siblings are playing mini-golf beside a giant clown head. Then the clown head comes to life and devours the boy and advances toward the girl before fade-out.
- Actually, the premise of this episode Velma being terrified of clowns and playing Shaggy's part, while Shaggy takes Velma's part due to him being the headliner act of the mini-golf tournament where the action is taking place is just freaky if you know the characters at all. The role reversal is just creepy.
- The mummy from "Mummy Scares Best" is pretty creepy. Especially those glowing red eyes.
Nightmarefuel / What's New, Scooby-Doo?
Though this series remains about as light and soft as the original, it still provides a few examples: