Though this series remains about as light and soft as the original, it still provides a few examples:
- From "Big Scare in the Big Easy", the gang spends a lot of time searching through a graveyard and looking for clues about two ghosts that come to life and fight each. These ghosts are pretty terrifying, about as much as you can get from this series.
- It's made worse when Daphne tells Shaggy and Scooby that she wasn't wailing, and the ending implies that it was one of them moaning from beyond the grave.
- From "Farmed and Dangerous", the Monster of the Week is a zombie farmer with rotting, green flesh.
- PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!
- The Teaser from "A Terrifying Round with a Menacing Metallic Clown", where a pair of siblings are playing mini-golf beside a giant clown head. They the clown head comes to life and devours the boy and advances toward the girl before fade-out.
- Actually, the premise of this episode Velma being terrified of clowns and playing Shaggy's part, while Shaggy takes Velma's part due to him being the headliner act of the mini-golf tournament where the action is taking place is just freaky if you know the characters at all. The role reversal is just creepy.
- The mummy from "Mummy Scares Best" is pretty creepy. Especially those glowing red eyes.