Contrary to most predictions, Capcom
's The Legend of Zelda
games live up to the series' well-known quality. Too bad this includes the series' amount of Nightmare Fuel
. After all, this is still The Legend of Zelda
. There's no Ganon here, but Vaati, the guy in charge
, makes up for that. Heck yeah, he does.
- For starters, Vaati's voiceclips come from the Happy Mask Salesman.
- The Fortress of Winds and Castor Wilds, the latter of which are named after a toxic plant; more generally, the former is just plain freaky overall.
- Castor Wilds are probably named after the Greek hero Castor, one of the sons of the North Wind.
- King's Valley and the Royal Crypt, the latter of which contains an eerie reworking of a very familiar old tune.
- The Very Definitely Final Dungeon, Dark Hyrule Castle, has the chimes that play while Vaati is draining the light force: the first two times the bell rings are scripted, but the third is up to the player: if players aren't fast enough, it triggers a Nonstandard Game Over.
- Doesn't help that the first room after the second bell contains a Dark Darknut that is pretty much Boss in Mook Clothing.