* Vaati's voiceclips come from [[VideoGame/TheLegendOfZeldaMajorasMask the Happy Mask Salesman]].
* The Fortress of Winds and Castor Wilds, the latter of which are named after a toxic plant; more generally, the former is just plain freaky overall.
** Castor Wilds are probably named after the Greek hero Castor, one of the sons of the North Wind.
* King's Valley and the Royal Crypt, the latter of which contains an eerie reworking of [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgf4S5fw1qM a very familiar old tune]].
* TheVeryDefinitelyFinalDungeon, Dark Hyrule Castle, has the chimes that play while Vaati is draining the light force from Zelda. The first two times the bell rings are scripted, but the third is up to the player. If players aren't fast enough, it triggers a NonstandardGameOver, and the player is forced to see Zelda as a permanently lifeless stone statue with Vaati triumphant.
** Doesn't help that the first room after the second bell contains a Black Darknut that is pretty much a BossInMookClothing.
* Judging by the comment about her eyes being "full of life," it seems that Zelda is [[AndIMustScream still conscious and fully aware of everything around her even though she's been turned to stone.]] [[spoiler:And she was in the room when Vaati attacked her father, the King...]]