After Zelda was turned to stone
and the Picori Blade broken, Link is sent to find the Minish, tiny inhabitants of Hyrule, to have the blade reforged and turn Zelda back to normal. This is because only children and children at heart can even see the Minish.
- Bow and Sword in Accord
- Cool Sword: The Picori Blade and the Four Sword.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: He is a questing hero, noble, honourable, and kind.
- Kid Hero: Actually used as a plot point, since, as mentioned above, him being a kid allows him to see the Minish/Picori.
- Legacy Character: The only Links coming before him are Skyward Sword Link and maybe the hatless hero.
- Nice Hat: And it talks!
- Super Strength: With the Power Bracelets, Link can push many objects like large bookcases and can push a pot several times larger than his body at Minish size.
- Took a Level in Badass: The sword Skills make Link use the Great Spin Attack, Roll Slash, and many other nifty moves. One of the few Links to get actual sword techniques.
In The Minish Cap,
he was actually Big Bad
Vaati's mentor before his Face-Heel Turn
. Now trapped in the form of a hat, Ezlo guides Link on his adventure by allowing him to shrink to the size of a Minish and explore the Mouse World
A mysterious robed figure who won this the annual Picori Festival's swordfighting tournament. His goal was to obtain the Light Force and become a god. He was originally a Minish who became evil by being "enchanted by the darkness in the hearts of men". He stole his mentor's wish granting cap, transformed his mentor into a hat himself and took on a humanlike form.
- Big Bad
- Bishōnen: His human form.
- Deceptive Disciple: He studied the darker side of human nature behind Ezlo's back, became corrupted by all that he learned, and then betrayed Ezlo for his own goals.
- Expy: Let's see, his appearance resembles a long white haired freak, he is implied to be a master swordsman, wears primarily dark clothing, has at least a degree of capability of Mind Rape / Demonic Possession and has a desire to become a god? Are you sure you aren't thinking of Sephiroth?
- As a young Evil Sorcerer who backstabs his old master and gains magical powers from a piece of clothing, he's quite similar to Mozenrath.
- Final Boss
- Informed Ability: Vaati managed to win a sword fighting tournament in the beginning of the game, implying that he is a Child Prodigy at using swords. However, he is never seen using a sword.
- It's possible that he just cheated using his magic.
- Interim Villain
- One-Winged Angel: Has four, not including his initial minish form, although only his three demonic forms are fought.
The princess of the domain of Hyrule, daughter to the king. At the outset of the story she and Link go way back as friends and he accompanies her to the annual festival. However, Vaati petrifies her during the award ceremony, forcing Link to try to repair the broken Picori Blade in order to undo the spell.
- All Women Love Shoes: According to the figurine's, she is Rem the shoemakers main source of income.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Multiple times during the festival she'll be in the middle of saying something to Link, only to run off saying "ooh, what's that?"
- Childhood Friends: With Link, at least enough for the Princess of Hyrule to personally visit your house at the beginning for you to hang out with her at a Festival.
- Genki Girl: A more mild example than some, but she does seem pretty energetic at the festival at the beginning.
- Taken for Granite: She is turned to stone near the beginning of the game.
A race of tiny elf-like creatures that can only be seen by children. Known to the human world as the Picori, they delight in helping out humans in sneaky ways, such as hiding money and items under bushes and giving them help with their chores whilst they're not looking.
- Mouse World: Some even make their homes in hollowed-out books in libraries.
- Pokémon Speak: Their normal language is made up of parts of the word "Picori".