Music: Ricardo Iorio
Ricardo Iorio. It seems like a sacriledge to talk about him in English... but well, here we go.He is a musician from Argentina. He began as a bassist, then a bassist who made chorus, then a bassist singer, and finally a singer. He took part in neighbourhood bands with some friends, and then he created V8, the first Heavy Metal band in Argentina. The most famous line-up was Iorio-Civile-Rowek-Zamarbide, which recorded the first two LPs. Civile left the band, and then Rowek. Walter Giardino (who would lead Rata Blanca years later) joined V8 for a couple of months, and left. The third line-up had Cenci, Roldán, Iorio and Zamarbide, recorded the third LP. Iorio's partners became involved with religious ideas and sought to promote them with the band, which was resisted by Iorio and led to the breakup. With bassist José Amurín, the last V8 lineup continued as Logos.Iorio made a new band, Hermética, this time full thrash metal. The singer Claudio O'Connor and guitarrist Antonio Romano stayed all the time, and the first drummer was quickly replaced by Tony Scotto. They recorded the first LP, where Iorio made some chorus here and there, and then a short LP with covers. Scotto was replaced by Claudio Strunz, making the most famous line-up of Hermética. They recorded two studio Cds and two live albums; Iorio singed some full songs now. The band broke-up shortly before the release of the second live album, and Iorio and his partners accused each other for the breakup.And then, he made his third and most successful band, Almafuerte. He became the singer of all songs, and recorded several studio and live Cds.
Discography with V8
- Luchando Por El Metal - 1983
- Un Paso Más en la Batalla - 1984
- El Fin de los Inicuos - 1986
- No Se Rindan - 1991 (Greatest Hits Album)
Discography with Hermética
- Hermética - 1989
- Intérpretes - 1990 (covers)
- Ácido Argentino - 1991
- En Vivo 1993 Argentina - 1993 (live)
- Víctimas del Vaciamiento - 1994
- En Concierto I & II - 1994 (live)
- Lo Último - 1994 (live)
Discography with Almafuerte
- Mundo Guanaco - 1995
- Del entorno - 1996
- En Vida - 1997 (live)
- Almafuerte - 1998
- A fondo blanco - 1999
- Piedra libre - 2001
- En Vivo, Obras 2001 - 2001 (live)
- Ultimando - 2003
- 10 Años - 2005 (live)
- Toro y pampa - 2006
- En vivo, Obras 2008 - 2008 (live)
- TBA - 2012
- Iorio & Flavio: Peso Argento - 1997
- Ayer Deseo, hoy realidad - 2008
Tropes related with him and/or his works:
- Cover Version: Iorio made 2 cover discs, "Intérpretes" and "Ayer Deseo, Hoy Realidad". He also made several covers of tangos and folk songs.
- I Am the Band: And for whoever disagrees with Iorio in this, there is the door
- It's All About Me: Since "Del Entorno", most songs are simply Iorio singing about himself.
- Lead Bassist: First type C in V8 and Hermética, then type B as well in Almafuerte
- One Steve Limit: Averted. Claudio O'Connor, Claudio Strunz, Claudio Marciello, Claudio Cardacci...
- Something Completely Different: "Moraleja", in the cd "Víctimas del Vaciamiento". Ten songs of powerful thrash metal... and then, a weird folk song.
- Start My Own: That was the spirit when he began with Hermética and Almafuerte, make something different and better than his previous works. Hermética is not "V8 with other members and new name", but a completely different band with an unique style, and the same goes for Almafuerte. Even internationally, how many artists have developed a personal style 3 different times?
- Welcome Back, Traitor: Averted. When Iorio breaks with someone, he means it. He never took part in any reunion of V8 or Hermética, not even for a single show.