Music: Internal Suffering
Internal Suffering are a Colombian Technical Brutal Death Metal band forming in 1994 under the name Suffer before changing in 1996.Originally formed by Fabian, Leandro, Andres, & Jorge, All of the members but Andres had left. In 1997, Clinic Records gave them the opportunity to open up for Sodom for their South American Tour. The tour gave them rave response from fans, being cited as one of the most brutal band to emerge from South America. Supreme Knowledge Domain was recorded in 1999, and released in 2000, under the now defunct Qabalah Productions. They signed up with Displeased Records for the recordings of Chaotic Matrix and Choronzonic Force DominationAround 2004, they moved to New York while the recording of Awakening of the Rebel, being produced by Erik Rutan underneath the Unique Leader label, while guitar duties were done by Makoto Mizoguchi of Pyrexia fame.In 2007, the band decided to go on hiatus to settle personal problems, eventually reuniting in 2011. At this moment, they are currently working on a new album. They also relocated to Spain.
- Fabio Marin - (vocals) (1997-present)
- Andrés Garcia - (bass and backing vocals) (1996-present)
- Michel - (guitars) (2013-present)
- Fabio "Dr.Grinder" Ramirez - (drums) (1997-1999, 2003-present)
Notable Past Members:
- Makoto Mizoguchi - (guitars) (2004-2005)
- Supreme Knowledge Domain (2000)
- Unmerciful Extermination (EP) (2001)
- Chaotic Matrix (2002)
- Choronzonic Force Domination (2004)
- Awakening of the Rebel (2006)
- TBA (TBA)
This band Displays The Examples Of These Tropes:
- A Good Name for a Rock Band: They chose the name when they begun to feel the annoyance of looking for a band name, saying that "internal suffering" was all they felt. They also say that the name reflects on their chaotic sound.
- Brutal Death Metal
- Careful With That Axe: Fabio Marin makes an artform out of this.
- Creative Differences: Why Jorge was ejected.
- Cthulhu Mythos: Their primary lyrical theme.
- Darker and Edgier: Even for Brutal Death Metal of all things, they're very VERY much this.
- Grindcore: They have small influences here and there, presumably to achieve their signature sound. However, they're more technical brutal death than grind.
- I Am the Band: Andres
- Lead Bassist: Andres Garcia is a type A and a Type C. Also a minor type B, providing backing vocals.
- Long Title: The songs from Chaotic Matrix and Awakening of the Rebel.
- Miniscule Rocking: "Beyond the Mystic Portal of Madness"
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: A very solid 11.
- Motor Mouth: Marin on Awakening of the Rebel, and how!
- New Sound Album:
- Choronzonic Force Domination increased the technical musicianship up to a new level, and the grindcore influences were absent here.
- Awakening of the Rebel was a mix of both Choronzonic Force Domination and the two albums made before it, in addition to being a hell of a lot crazier. Most of this can probably be attributed to Makoto writing a good deal of the album.
- Self-Backing Vocalist: Marin does this.
- Signature Style: Fast paced, blast-heavy Grind-like Brutal Death Metal that uses complex songwriting as a means to achieve a chaotic sound as opposed to a more melodic one.
- Technical Death Metal: A very deranged example.
- Vocal Evolution: Marin's vocals sounded almost gurgle like similar to various grindcore and slam bands before changing to a more Roar/Growl hyrid. Either way, his vocals still remained very low-pitched.
- Warhammer 40,000: Their other main lyrical focus.