Music: Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory
Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory
is a 1999 rock opera
by the progressive metal band Dream Theater
. It follows the story of a man named Nicholas and his hypnosis-induced exploration of a past life involving love and murder as a young woman named Victoria Page.
The album is a sequel to Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper
, a song from the band's 1992 album Images and Words
. Scenes from a Memory
greatly expands on the story and thematic concept originally presented in the song using narrative lyrics from the points of view of multiple characters interspersed with technically and rhythmically detailed music and instrumentals.
An in-depth plot summary is available at the Other Wiki
- "Scene 1: Regression" - 2:06
- "Scene 2: Overture 1928 / Strange Déjà Vu" - 8:41
- "Scene 3: Through My Words / Fatal Tragedy" - 8:00
- "Scene 4: Beyond This Life" - 11:23
- "Scene 5: Through Her Eyes" - 5:29
- "Scene 6: Home" - 12:53
- "Scene 7: The Dance of Eternity / One Last Time" - 10:00
- "Scene 8: The Spirit Carries On" - 6:38
- "Scene 9: Finally Free" - 12:00
Scenes from a Memory provides examples of:
"OPEN YOUR EYES, NICHOLAS"