"I want to become a brand. I hope that when you think of Hyuna, you think of the word, 'hot.' Red is a passionate and strong color. To that extent, I want to show a passionate image."Hyuna is a popular K-Pop idol and rapper best known as the face of the idol group 4minute, as PSY's love interest in his super-hit "Gangnam Style" and for her solo success, thanks to her catchy songs and sexy image.Born Hyuna Kim on June 6, 1992, she debuted as a member of popular idol group Wonder Girls in 2007. However, a few months after the group debuted, she pulled out of the group because of health problems.She returned two years later as 4minute's chief rapper. The following year, she released her debut solo single "Change", which is remembered for its pelvic dance. Ever since her debut she has released three solo singles and two mini-albums.Needs more Wiki Love.
Her discography includes:
- Trouble Maker (with B2ST's Hyunseung)
- Oppa is Just My Style (with PSY)
- There Is No Tomorrow (with B2ST's Hyunseung)
- Change (2010)
- Bubble Pop (2011)
- Ice Cream (2012)
- Red (2014)
- Bubble Pop (2011)
- Melting (2012)
- A Talk (2014)
Tropes that apply to Hyuna and her music:
- Bare Your Midriff: Hell yes. Many of her outfits aren't afraid to show off her body this way.
- Boastful Rap: Common in her songs. Well, she is a rapper.
- Her solo works are more provocative than her work with in the group. Perhaps the one fanservice-y moment that trumps others is the infamous kiss with Hyunseung at MAMA's 2011.
- The dances for "Change", "Bubble Pop" and "Ice Cream" are all very provocative.
- Good Bad Girl: Although famous for her provocative dances and suggestive songs, in interviews and TV appearances, she's a sweet, goofy and polite person.
- Hotter and Sexier: "Bubble Pop", especially after it got banned from the airwaves due to Hyuna's provocative dancing and outfits. It's more provocative than her previous songs and what 4Minute normally does.
- K Pop: One of the frontrunners.
- Ms. Fanservice: Hands down. Her performances practically oozes with Fanservice.
- Mood Whiplash:
- Her EP "Melting" is this. First off you have "Don't Fall Apart" where you have Hyuna literally sounding off on the haters.
- Both "Ice Cream" and "Very Hot", which is the only song she wrote, are typical hip-hop songs that literally have Hyuna talking about her sexiness, although "Ice Cream" is a more hilarious take at this.
- "To my Boyfriend" is a soothing tear jearker that talks about her future man. The one song that is completely different is "Unripe Apple", which is a cutesy song about a girl trying to keep her virginity.
- Then there's "Change" and "Bubblepop" which are two entirely different singles. "Change" shows her badass side whilst "Bubble Pop" is more fun and light-hearted.
- Panty Shot: In "Bubble Pop."
- Pretty in Mink: She wore a fur cape in the "Trouble Maker" music video.
- Shout-Out: The music video for "Bubble Pop!" has a shout-out to Beyoncé's "Crazy in Love." Hyuna's even wearing the same Iconic Outfit and doing an Unflinching Walk just like the Queen B.
- The "Red" music video has multiple references to modern-era Miley Cyrus, including a wild house party and gorilla stuffed animal riding a giant disco ball.
- Stripperiffic: A lot of her stage and video outfits.
- Three Minutes of Writhing: "Bubble Pop" and "Ice Cream". About 15 seconds of writhing in "Gangnam Style." Her role in "Oppa Is Just My Style" is this, in contrast to PSY's... energetic dance movements.
- Women Drivers: Near the start of the video for Ice Cream she runs down a clown with an ice cream van, nobody cares, including the cops standing nearby.