Love hurts.Nejimaki Kagyu
(lit "Wind Up Snail") is a manga by Nakayama Atsushi.
It follows the story of a teacher named Negizawa Kamo who long ago made a promise to a childhood friend
that he would become a great teacher and stand up to bullying. Years later he succeeds in becoming an educator but seems to have gained an odd curse of attracting the majority of the female student body who will do anything
to gain his attention, most of which end in violent means. During his first day on the job while trying to get to school, he encounters said childhood friend, Kagyu Jyubee, who has come back from training to enroll in his school and help protect his promise he made.
However some of Kamo's more dedicated admirers likewise have their own set of skills, and won't let him go without a fight.
Nejimaki Kagyu has the following tropes:
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council: The Morals Committee which threatens to expel Jyubee and have Kamo fired over their supposed "relationship". Even worse it's run by another of Kamo's childhood friends.
- Ax-Crazy: There are some females who really want Kamo.
- Berserk Button: Threatening, harming, or trying to separate Jyubee from Kamo. A good way to get on her bad side.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Jyubee is incredably nice to everyone and when given the choice would rather not fight, but if you push her Berserk Button its a trip to the hospital for you.
- Chick Magnet: Kamo - females just seem attracted to him on sight. Even he doesn't know why this is.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Averted with Jyubee, most of the time, who has no problem if other girls love and/or get close to Kamo, but every other girl plays the trope straight.
- Ageha and Tomie even have this towards Jyubee.
- Cute Bruiser: Jyubee, among others.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Egu, Tomie, and Ageha each come to see Jyubee as a friend after she defeats, and in two cases saves, them.
- Dual Tonfas: Ageha's weapon of choice. Combines it with Shock and Awe as they have tasers fitted in them.
- Enemy Mine: Egu, Tomie, and Ageha become allies of Jyubee after fights against her. That said, they still hate each other, but hate The Public Morals crew more.
- Facial Markings: Jyubee has a row of dots underneath both her eyes.
- Gonk: Egu the female delinquent.
- Hammer Space: Tomie once pulled a machete-sized knife from a 4-inch book.
- Japanese Delinquents: The first opponent Jyubee faces is one.
- Knife Nut: Tomie, who has razor blades hidden in her books.
- Megane: Kamo.
- Meganekko: Tomie.
- Nightmare Face: Plenty, especially when the tsun- side comes out. Case in point. And with the Morals Committee's second in command Olufe inverted. She goes from a scary face to Moe.
- Non-Action Guy: Kamo.
- The Power of Love: Jyubee's motivation and all around outlook on life. Olufe likes to preach about it as well.
- Psycho Lesbian: Olufe is pretty obviously in love with the Morals Committee's Chairman, though given the setting and how calm she is most of the time, maybe she's just a regular School Girl Lesbian.
- Sarashi: Jyubee wears one underneath her clothes.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Tomei and Ageha fight over Jyubee constantly, but will team up and work well with each other if given a common goal.
- Shipper on Deck: Tomei and Ageha both ship Kamo and Jyubee after becoming friends with Jyubee.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Many of the girls would like this with Kamo, but he's well aware of the ethical issues.
- Tomboyish Name: Jyubee is usually a boy's name, which resulted in young Jyubee getting bullied a lot.
- Tsundere: Also plenty; there are a lot of cute designs but when they go to Ax-Crazy mode... Yeesh.
- Unrequited Love: Olufe's believes that due to several walls between her and the Chairman the only way to prove her love is to be Self-sacrificing.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Jyubee, but not without justification as many of the girls in her school damn near try to rape Kamo.
- Yandere: Quite a few of the girls display a rather unhealthy obsession with the object of their affection.
- World of Action Girls: Pretty much.