Surprisingly enough he isn't a Molester
Molester Man is a doujinshi that is mostly from the point of view of a university student who calls himself Molester Man. The premise is that by a series of misunderstandings Molester Man was mistaken as a stalker and Hilarity Ensues
. The story has a serious side too; its essence is the classic Rags to Riches
plot being driven by romance. As implied by the story's plot, the reader sees Molester Man grow as a person and gradually move towards a happier state of being.
The art is by Yokota Takuma (a.k.a YOKO) who is also responsible for the art and story for Onani Master Kurosawa
and Bakatsun. The doujinshi is based on a real story posted on 2ch in the VIP thread. It has a somewhat unusual narrative as it's fairly common to have the majority of the chapters composed of texts.
It is completely translated to english courtesy of ‘Boon Scanlations’
There is a live action adaption of Molester Man; the link to it is here
although it's only available in Japanese as of January 2nd 2013.
There is also an unofficial and incomplete youtube adaption of Molester Man linked here
. However it's only in Japanese as of Januray 14 2013.
Compare with Train Man (a.k.a Densha Otoko
) whose protagonist is also socially awkward, albeit in a different way, and also meets a love interest through an incident. Though after the incident the protagonist from Train Man was seen in a much more positive light than the protagonist from Molester Man.
This series contains examples of:
- Ambiguously Gay—The male waiter.
Male Waiter: You seem to have become manlier than the last time we met. Wanna do it?
- All of this was said while loosening his shirt although to be fair he wasn't completely serious. The question is if it was flirtation or just teasing/trolling.
- Apologizes a Lot—Somewhat justified with Glasses in chapter 2.
- Art Evolution—Compare chapter 1 to chapter 21
- Art Shift—YOKO often drew the characters resembling popular manga artwork style like Jo Jos Bizarre Adventure, Bleach, and Doraemon for comedic purpose.
- A Simple Plan—Will Molester Man ever catch a break?
- Back Story—Only mentioned by Molester Man but its pretty dark
- Berserk Button—Molester Man has a few. Sometimes, like in chapter 2, he goes off with a snap.
- Blatant Lies
Molester Man: Frankly speaking some of it made me so frisky it gave me an erec-err... I meant that it made me shake with anger.
- Blunt Yes—Used by Molester Man in chapter 20 and it shows his growth
- Cloudcuckoolander—Molester Man has shown some mild signs of this in Ch1
- Companion Cube—Sachiko."She" is an onahole.
- Compliment Backfire—Molester Man.
- Cool Big Sis: Molester's Sister
- Corner of Woe—Molester Man. Naturally this includes his separate personalities in chapter 18.
- Death Glare—Kansai gives a pretty nasty one 
- Digging Yourself Deeper—Averted, despite the Compliment Backfire trope above.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Tsun and Boon from Yoko's next work, Tsunbaka, appear as background characters in a few scenes.
- Empathic Environment—In Chapter 1, it starts raining just before it got worse.
- Extreme Doormat—Molester Man tends to think of himself as this whenever Kansai gets angry.
- First-Person Smartass—Though molester man is a Nice Guy, he has his moments in later chapters.
- Good Bad Girl—Kansai is implied to be one.
- Guys are Slobs—Averted, The only male room we see is Molester Man's and it's pretty tidy... perhaps not clean though.
- Has a Type—Molester Man's type is Miss Understanding.
- Miss Understanding has a type but it isn't at all like Molester Man.
- Heroic BSOD—Molester Man plays this straight starting from chapter 2.
- Horrible Judge of Character—Reversed as Molester Man orginally had a negative opinion of Glasses and Kansai, downplayed as both of the character's morality wasn't obvious and subverted as he ''independently'' changed his opinion.
- Hypocritical Humour—A meta example, that is unintentional, is by YOKO (Onani Master Kurosawa).
YOKO: By the way, even if Sachiko is actually part the original threads I am still not sure if it was right to include her in this manga. I fear that this may have turned into a real masturbation manga now.
- Imagine Spot—Molester is especially prone to this.
- Incredibly Lame Pun—'Michael Joudan', that is all.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy—In chapter 20, Molester choose to never meet both Kansai and Loli anymore to preserve their friendship.
- Also Implied by Kansai while Molester was after Mrs Understanding and when Loli appeared to have a chance
- I Want to Be a Real Man—Molester has shades of this and even has an overbearing father to boot.
- Kansai Regional Accent—Kansai isn't from Kansai but has the attitude...well at least according to Molester Man.
- Love Triangle—Molester loves Kansai, Loli loves Molester, and Kansai and Loli are good friends. Jealousy ensues.
- Master of the Mixed Message—One could argue that this applies to Miss Understanding, Kansai and even Molester Man.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero—The thread made this very clear to Molester Man in chapter 12 and they didn't say it nearly as nicely as the trope.
- Oh Crap—In Ch1 after a crowd begins to gather around a pretty convincing Not What It Looks Like Molester Man says "I…I’m done for.”
- Only Known by Their Nickname: The whole cast.
- Otaku—Molester Man is not only a manga/anime Otaku, but also a snake otaku.
- Out of Focus—Miss Understanding though she does have chapter 15 all to herself and Molester Man.
- Poor Communication Kills—What causes the main conflict.
- Porn Stash—Molester Man has one, somewhat of a subversion as unlike most fictional characters with one, he’s pretty nonchalant about it being discovered.
- Scary Black Man—Molester Man certainly thinks so.
- She Cleans Up Nicely—Kansai in kimono.
- Shout Out—It is drawn by YOKO—
- Tareme Eyes—Played straight with Miss Understanding and subverted with Loli.
- Their First Time—Molester and Kansai in chapter 18.
- The One Guy—Not so obvious since Molester is the main character but it's true from the perspective of any other major character
- Third Wheel—Molester Man sees himself as this in chapter 2 for a while.
- Trying Not to Cry—Molester Man plays this straight a lot near the end.
- Tsundere— It's a rare male case, but Molester Man towards Miss Understanding which is demonstrated below.
Molester Man (Thinking): GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE, B**CH!!! YOU FELT SINCERITY IN MY WORDS!? WELL, I FELT PRESUMPTUOUSNESS IN YOUR WORDS!! AND YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE CUTE LIKE OGURA YUUKO!!!
- Tsurime Eyes—Played straight with Kansai.
- Verbal Backspace—Molester Man, in chapter 21, really needed to think before speaking.