open/close all folders
Anime And Manga
- In Gintama, a five-episode arc starts when Ketsuno Ana's impeccable weather predictions start being consistently dead-wrong.
- The manga Otenki Onee-san was about Keiko Nakadai, an ambitious femme fatale who gets a job standing in for the normal weather girl Michiko Kawai, and proceeds to raise eyebrows (and her station's ratings) by flashing and flirting with the audience. Hilarity Ensues as Michiko starts a prank war with Keiko in order to get her job back.
- The Weather Man is a movie about a Chicago TV weatherman who is so resented by people that they throw food and drinks at him. When he takes up archery and starts carrying a bow with him, people stop throwing stuff at him.
Live Action Television
- One Kenny Everett sketch had Kenny as an irate TV viewer who attacked a weatherman for forecasting bad weather.
- Parodied in Whose Line Is It Anyway?, where the man in front of the green screen (usually Colin) has no idea what's being shown behind him and have to guess based on other people's reactions.
- Also a part of the Weird Newsanchor game, where one of the performers (usually Ryan) have to present the weather in an unusual style. An unusual one can be seen here
- Drake & Josh has the eponymous pair's dad as a weatherman. He's highly inaccurate (but aren't the studios supposed to find out the weather correctly?), such as the episode where he predicted nothing but clear skies, only for a massive storm to develop a short time later.
- You see (or rather, hear) several of these in Persona 4, and it's important to keep track of the weather - when someone is trapped in the TV world, you only have until the next foggy day to save them (otherwise they're killed and you get a Non-Standard Game Over). The weather report is always accurate, because if it were inaccurate you'd have no way to know how much time you have left. Its accuracy is lampshaded early on, when Nanako wonders if the weather forecaster actually controls the weather.
- In a few of the Harvest Moon games, you can check the weather forecast on TV to see what the weather for the next day will be like.
- The Fairly OddParents has an episode in which all the weather forecasters predict the weather incorrectly, and are run out of town. Then Timmy's mom becomes the weather forecaster, so Timmy wishes that no matter what she predicts, it will come true. Hilarity Ensues.
- King of the Hill had Nancy who was blatantly only hired because she was gorgeous. The closest thing they actually had as far as equipment to predict the weather was one fax machine. Eventually they replace her with an actual weather expert because "It turns out people actually want to know the weather."