Themed Tarot Deck
One of the more unusual Derivative Works
is an Italian-suited tarot
deck based on a piece of fiction. These typically use characters from the fiction with thematically equivalent major arcana, and sometimes replace the minor arcana suits with something from the adapted material.
There are also numerous other decks based on various non-fiction themes.
Note that some media have unique or special tarot decks as a plot element within the story. Those are not
examples unless they are defictionalised
See also Tarot Motifs
and Themed Stock Board Game
Based on fiction
- The Lord of the Rings 
- Hello Kitty: "The Hello Tarot" an unauthorized uncolored deck by Joe Rosales. Hello Kitty is on several cards, like The High Priestess and Queen of pentacles. Death is a cute bunny riding a horse. The devil is a monkey with the classic goat horns.
- Oz 
- Alice in Wonderland "The Wonderland Tarot" deck designed by Christopher and Morgana Abbey.
- X/1999 
- Tabletop RPG Mage: The Ascension had its own themed tarot deck.
- Cthulhu Mythos  
- Jane Austen 
- Pokémon 
- Yggdra Union  (fan made)
- Gunnerkrigg Court  (fan made)
- Digger , though there are only a couple of cards so far.
- Nasubionna's incomplete Harry Potter Tarot at .
- Revolutionary Girl Utena  (a doujinshi tarot)
- Rurouni Kenshin ◊.
- The Major Arcana only of a fan-created Avatar The Last Airbender Tarot deck, seen here, here, here, here, here and here.
- The Vertigo Tarot 
- Sailor Moon has some.
- Fate/stay night 
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn! 
- Fairy Tales 
- Homestuck 
- Touhou , . There are more.
- Rivers of London (five cards so far).
- 'My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic:
- "Pony Tarot Deck" by Rannva. A full deck with the 22 Major Arcana and the 4 suits. All Major Arcana except Lovers and Justice have been renamed, The Fool is Silly Filly, the Devil is Discord etc.
- The "Friendship is Tarot" series by Janeesper. A full deck with the 22 Major Arcana, and the 4 suits (with 2 completed). The theming and the card names stay the same, with explanations given for each tie-in.
- There was an official tie-in tarot deck (major arcana only) of W.I.T.C.H.. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be on the internet.
- The Skin Horse Moments of Awesome Tarot by Sam Dyuaaxchs.
- A Dishonored tarot deck◊ came with the special edition. It has mostly different cards than the standard deck representing major characters or distinctive enemy types on the cards.
- At the back of Turtle Recall, the 2012 edition of The Discworld Companion, are the rules for Cripple Mr Onion, adapted for use with "the official caroc deck". Sadly, the official caroc deck appears to be in Development Hell, but fan versions have been circulating. The Discworld caroc deck has eight suits (the four tarot suits, plus Elephants, Turtles, Crowns and Octograms), plus the Major Arcana.
- Super Smash Bros.  (also factoring in Clow Cards).
- The Justice League tarot with art by Sara Richardson.
- A fan-made Undertale deck, with a fun bonus Minor Arcana card and three joke cards.
- "The Kama Sutra Tarot" by Art School Vijai & Ram of Rajastan (NSFW, obviously)
- Cat People (which went on to inspire a series of novels by Andre Norton)
- "The Da Vinci Tarot" by Mark McElroy, Iassen Ghiuslev & A. Atanas Atanassov
- The Gummy Bear Tarot" by Dietmar Bittrich
- Silicon Valley (The deck is out of print, but you can get readings from the electronic version here.)
- The Tattoed Tarot" by Pietro Alligo & Cristiano Spadoni
- "Dragon Tarot" by Peter Pracownik.
- "Steampunk Tarot" by Barbara Moore & Aly Fell. A full 78 card deck.
- Kenneth Hite's Suppressed Transmission tarot, described in his columns but never actually produced. The suits are reworked to represent the four themes of the column: Cups remain Cups (Urban Fantasy), Swords become Knives (Horror), Wands become Forks (Alternate History) and Pentacles become Saucers (Conspiracy Theory). The Major Arcana uses elements from the columns that transcend these categories, or that, bisociatively, are in all of them at once.
- The Hollywood Tarot has been around since practically the Dawn of the Internet (you can tell by some of the archetypes that were chosen, like Hugh Grant and Paul Ruebens as Regret and Fall, for example). It's online only, but does have a 1, 3, and 10 card reader found here, as well as DIY instructionsif you are so inclined.
- Fashion designers, just the 22 Major Arcana.