- Anime and Manga
- Comic Books
- Comic Strips
- Fan Works
- Films — Animation
- Films — Live-Action
- Live-Action TV
- Myths and Religion
- Pro Wrestling
- Tabletop Games
- Video Games
- Web Animation
- Web Comics
- Web Original
- Western Animation
open/close all folders
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. Nearly all of them are afflicted with cardiac and/or skeletal problems, as well as syringomyelia, which in humans is described as one of the most painful conditions in the world. Despite this, they're known for their incredibly friendly and gentle demeanor, even with children.
- New The Daily Show correspondent Kristen Schaal is making a career out of being one of these. See here what happens to her when she learns the truth about Chinese female babies. In another segment, she was forced to strip off an article of clothing for every baseless accusation made against a presidential candidate. Needless to say, that episode, everybody found out that Kristen wears a Wonder Woman costume under her suit. Bizarrely enough, her stand-up act runs on this as well.
- The Muppet Show:
- Kermit the Frog. He tries so hard to be cheerful, friendly and positive that when he does become sad or even just exasperated by the madness going on around him, you just want to give him a hug.
- His friend Fozzie Bear probably falls under this too. He just wants to be funny, but he keeps falling on his face.
- Don't forget Gonzo! In the first two series and the first film especially. He gets booed off stage every week, has a perminantly sad expression on his face and has his heart broken by Madaline Kahn. I mean, just watch these. Not to mention this clip from Jim Henson's memorial/funeral
- Martin Crieff in Cabin Pressure. The poor guy lives in an attic, lives in Perpetual Poverty and doesn't get paid to fly, but he does anyway because it's the only thing he's wanted to do since he was six years old. His father always disapproved of his dreams, and passed away four months before Martin got his pilot's license and proved his father wrong. Oh, and what does he actually do to support himself? He does removals with the van his father bequeathed him in his will, rather than the 5000 pounds each of his siblings got. So, even though he did become a pilot, his father was still right about him. All of this is played for laughs.
- St Kilda in Australian Rules Football. Also Fitzroy, before they merged with Brisbane.
- The Detroit Lions in the National Football League, especially the 2008 season that saw them finish 0-16, blowing several fourth quarter leads in the process.
- Netherlands in the FIFA World Cup. They're constantly one of the best teams in the world, but the three times they've made it to the Finals, they've always been beaten, usually in a shameful way.
- David Ferrer. He's one of the most likeable and humble guys on the men's tennis tour and has a well-earned reputation as The Determinator against 99% of the tour, but his fighting spirit gets broken over and over again by the remaining 1% of the tour and it's tantamount to watching an adorable terrier start out yipping eagerly and end up a whimpering wreck on the floor after the inevitable beatdown. His Woobieness probably reached its peak during the Miami Masters final against Andy Murray, where the sight of him hiding his face◊ after he let a match point for his biggest-ever win slip away and his tearful apology to the crowd afterwards, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. One point...," made dozens of fans want to give him a giant hug.
- The supporters of any underwhelming\bottom-feeder sports team (except if the fanbase is mostly people who brag and\or are obnoxious despite the team's inability to win).
- BIONICLE has Lesovikk and Krika.