open/close all folders
Films — Live-Action
- Ben 10: Race Against Time has "The Great Gwendini... and her assistant".
- Edgar of Edgar & Ellen demonstrated his escape artist skills as "The Amazing Edgarini".
- Magician Ricky Jay played magician "The Amazing Maleeni" in The X-Files episode of that name. Spoofed with The Stupendous Yappi, a celebrity psychic so phony even Mulder doesn't believe he's real.
- On NewsRadio Dave called himself the Great Throwdini for his Knife-Throwing Act. He also performed as the Great Ventriloquodini.
- On Home Improvement, there's an episode where the three sons each want to make a birthday present for their mother, but Randy, the middle son, isn't good with his hands, so he plans a magic show. At the end of the episode, his climactic disappearing box says "The Great Randini" on it.
- One episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 had Crow as an escape artist calling himself "The Great Crowdini".
- Batman TV Series: In the episode "Zelda the Great", they really did the research. She has a billboard that boasts: Zelda the Great: World's foremost illusionist and escape artiste, Even Greater than Houdini!
- An episode Drake & Josh had the boys befriend "The Great Doheney".
- An episode of Quantum Leap has Sam step into the life of the titular professional magician "The Great Spontini". Subverted in that this is the character's real last name, not a stage name.
- One Whammy animation from Press Your Luck has "the Great Whamini" attempting to fire himself out of a cannon, only for it to explode on him, leaving him charred and the player with nothing.
- "The Great Bicklini", a.k.a. Mr. Bickles in The Fairly OddParents!.
- In the Peanuts special "It's Magic, Charlie Brown", Snoopy puts on a magic show as The Great Houndini.
- Eddy, of Ed, Edd n Eddy, became The Great Eddy-dini upon acquiring Edd's hypno-wheel.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Equestria has an equivalent to Harry Houdini in "The Great Hoofdini", who is Trixie's biggest inspiration.
- One episode of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) had a Harry Houdini look-alike stealing from people (and kidnapping children) while using magic (as a villain). He is known as The Great Boldini. Watch the episode here.
- Johnny Carson was "The Great Carsoni" as a young magician.