open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- The Faith of the Seven in A Song of Ice and Fire.
- The Churches of the Redeemer and of the Sister in Seekers of the Sky.
- The Sole and Unified Church of the Triune in the Arcia Chronicles.
- The Esperatian and Ollarian Churches in Reflections of Eterna.
- The Church of the Creators in The Dinosaur Lords.
- In the Dreamblood Duology, the priesthood of Hananja essentially rules the city-state of Gujaareh, with most of the city's power centered in the Hetawa, where the priests live, rather than with the palace and the Prince. Hananja's priests also serve as the gatekeepers of Hananja's magic.
- Dice Funk: The religious center of Stoneroot is powerful enough to challenge the lord and important enough that the populace simply refers to it as "The Church."
- The Chantry of Andraste in the Dragon Age series. Also, the Imperial Chantry.
- The Holy Church from Nasuverse.
- The Church of Granas from Grandia II.
- The Elder Scrolls: The Aedra-worshiping Imperial Cult tends toward Saintly Church, while Morrowind's Tribunal Temple, worshiping a triad of Physical Gods, is something of a Scam Religion (corrupt leaders, but the worshipers can be anywhere on the scale). By Skyrim the Tribunal Temple has become the New Temple as a result of the aforementioned Tribunal of Physical Gods either being killed or going missing. From the limited exposure to it, it seems to be fairly similar to the old Temple, albeit with the former Daedric Anticipations of the Tribunal slotted back in on the top as Reclamations, and the Tribunal demoted to saints.