open/close all folders
- In the Star Fox comic originally printed in Nintendo Power, a flashback to Andross's Start of Darkness is capped off by General Pepper admitting that he couldn't do anything about the situation because he was only a sergeant at the time. Cue picture of him and his associates...
- One Pearls Before Swine treasury is called "Sgt. Piggy's Lonely Hearts Club Comic."
Films — Animation
- In My Little Pony: Equestria Girls – Rainbow Rocks, one of the costumes Rarity wears while practicing with the band is a hot-pink faux military uniform that is clearly modeled after the one worn by Ringo on the album cover. It comes back in the "Friendship Through the Ages" Animated Music Video for Rarity's segment, which has also strong Yellow Submarine influences.
Films — Live-Action
- Trainspotting: In one scene Renton and his friends are waiting at a railway station, with one of them facing the camera with his back, just like Paul does on the back cover of "Sergeant Peppers".
- A 3-D version was created for the 1987 special It Was 20 Years Ago Today...., celebrating the 20th anniversary of the album.
- As noted, the Ur-Example is Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention's We're Only in It for the Money. The cover art is a less than Affectionate Parody, in that it was created in response to Zappa's feelings that the album was just made to cash in on the whole "flower power" movement. Zappa did call up The Beatles to ask their permission, but Executive Meddling forced him to hide the image inside the gatefold, instead of on the front cover as was intended.
- Jan Fukumachi's electronic cover of the album is a backwards version.◊
- Sgt. Rutter's Only Darts Club Band by The Rutles. (which is the original with only the flower lettering, the bass drum, and the faces of the Beatles changed)
- Sgt. Pepper's◊ by the band Big Daddy, a re-recording of the whole album as if it was made in the 1950s (i.e. "Lucy In the Sky with Diamonds" In the Style of... Jerry Lee Lewis).
- The album "K" by Kula Shaker features a collage of celebrities whose names start with the letter "K".
- Brazilian artist Zé Ramalho made one◊ with people from the Brazilian Northeast. Ramalho's Beatles Cover Album went for With the Beatles instead.◊
- Some examples can be found here
- A Belgian compilation album from 1990 featuring several Belgian artists covering songs by other artists also parodied "Sgt. Peppers". The various celebrities portrayed on the album cover were all photographs of well known Flemish celebritie.
- Maine-based rapper Spose parodied the Sgt. Pepper cover for his rarities compilation "The Yard Sale," released through Kickstarter.
- A budget compilation called The Monster Mash Rock'N'Roll Party had four headless "New Beatles" types standing in front of a staggered grouping of headstones and behind a drum with the record's title on it. Underneath the drum, flowers are arranged to spell "MONSTER," and the sky behind is orange with streaks of lightning. Image here◊
- The Def Leppard album Songs From The Sparkle Lounge combines older and more recent pictures of the band members with celebrities as different as Abraham Lincoln and the Mona Lisa.
- Macabre's Sinister Slaughter album cover◊ features various serial killers and mass murderers in homage to Sgt. Pepper.
- Even one of the Beatles has done this: check out the cover to Ringo Starr's 1973 album Ringo, which revitalized his career.
- The cover to the Attitude Era DVD includes everyone from "Stone Cold" Steve Austin to the clown from the "This is Your Life" segment.
- Kevin & Kell has a cast picture like this. Note that the "classic Beatles" are replaced by the "human Dewclaws".
- Erfworld has the mage Jojo, who wears a coat similar to George Harrison's and whose nickname is a Shout-Out to a song from a different Beatles album ("Get Back").
- Webcomics site Webcomic Underdogs had members collaborating in this shoutout featuring characters of their webcomics for the yearly anniversary of the site.
- Viewer Garrison made one for The Funday Pawpet Show to honor the show's 100th episode. The crowd was made up of RealPlayer images of past guests and the band members changed to Mutt, Arthur, Poink and Yappy.
- A "20 best hip hop albums of all time" list earned this treatment.
- Uncyclopedia has an article on The Batles, including the cover art for their album Sgt. Dark Knight's Lonely Batcave Band Returns.
- The Simpsons:
- One Couch Gag is a parody of the album cover.◊ An alternate version is used as the cover of their music album, "The Yellow Album"◊ (the name, of course, a takeoff of another Beatles album). And like Sgt Pepper, the early Simpsons are in suits and the current ones in fatigues.
- In the episode "Homer's Barbershop Quartet" the back cover of Sgt. Peppers is spoofed when Homer looks at an album by his former band. We see three of the band members in frontal view, while Homer turns his back to the camera, just like Paul does amidst the Beatles on the Sgt. Peppers backside cover.
- The soundtrack for Peg + Cat features the characters posing like the Beatles.
- MAD spoofed the cover on its special "The 50 Worst Things About Music".
- The Jewish Historical Museum in Amsterdam, Netherlands, made one too, consisting of Jewish celebrities.
- A Paul Kidby portrait of The Band With Rocks In surrounded by other Discworld characters, in the Discworld Calendar 2012.
- A Star Wars convention in Europe warranted a "Sgt. Lucas" poster.
- The Brazilian history book series Guia Politicamente Incorreto (Politically Incorrect Guide) has this in all◊ covers.◊
- This publicity shot for The Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular.