open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- One Piece: At one point in the Skypiea arc, Sanji gets electrocuted by the Arc Villain Enel. Right before he faints, he tells him two things: "Thanks for lighting my cigarette" and to "get ready to cry."
- In one episode of Pokémon, a doctor is trying to give an aggressive Pokemon being treated a shot of sedative. Because of how much the Pokemon is flailing, he accidentally sticks himself with the needle. He has just enough time to tell Ash, Misty, and Brock how long it's going to put him out for, before staggering off to pass out.
- In the original The Naked Gun, the Police Squad lab tech is demonstrating a tranquilizer dart-shooting watch to Frank Drebin (it's that kind of movie). When he shoots Frank's squadmate, Ed, the man puts his hand to his neck (where the dart landed). Then, as he's passing out, he says:
- Mystery Men: Right after Captain Amazing asks what he just picked up is if not evidence, it shoots out a cloud of pink smoke:
Casanova Frankenstein: "It's a chloroform-deploying portable enticement snare."
Captain Amazing: "... - Ah, dang!"
- Played with in 2001: A Space Odyssey. HAL is effectively dead for the remainder of the movie, but is only shut down, as he's a computer. It's one of the most famous moments in film
HAL: "Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do..."
- Near the beginning of xXx, Xander is shot with a tranquilizer dart.
Xander: (confused) It was only a Corvette! *Thump*
- In the movie Death Becomes Her, Bruce Willis's character gets smashed over the head with a large vase. He irritably turns to his attacker and asks "What?" before falling unconscious (and almost falling down a flight of stairs.)
- In Spaceballs, Lone Star and Barf are stuck on a desert planet. As Barf collapses, he goes, "Oh waiter...check please! *Thud*" in a Non Sequitur Thud. Lone Star soon follows with a straighter example: "Must go on…must go on…who am I kidding? *Thud*"
- In True Lies, when Aziz's men capture the Taskers, Helen is tranq'd with a shot to the neck. "That hurt, you ba-" *thud*
- From Thor, when the title character wakes up in a hospital and starts fighting back the staff.
Thor: YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR THE MIGHTY- [injection]
- Labyrinth: Jareth orders Hoggle to give Sarah a drugged peach; after she bites into it, she realizes something is wrong, and breathes: "Hoggle, what've you done?"
- In the episode "Chains" from the second series of Blackadder:
Kidnapper: Excuse me, Meister...
Blackadder: Yes? What is it?
Kidnapper hits him on the head with a large stick
Blackadder: I said, "What is it?", not "Hit me hard on the head with a-" *thud*
- Wilson in House: "You drugged me... *thud*"
- Similarily, House manages to mutter, "Who spiked my..." before falling to the ground.
- Mal and Inara in the Firefly episode "Our Mrs. Reynolds" both get curse words as Saffron's knockout drug takes effect.
- Almost. Neither of them quite manage to finish cursing, but they both say more or less the same thing: Mal gets "Son of a—" and Inara, "You stupid son of a—!"
- In "Objects in Space", Simon is walking Zoe through removing a bullet from his leg (without painkillers, as he needs to remain alert). After she gets the bullet out, he says "Okay, I think I'm gonna pass out now..."
- From the Star Trek: The Original Series episode "I, Mudd:"
Mudd: What can I do?Kirk: Nothing, Harry. Just.. go to sleep.Mudd: What do you mean? [Dr. McCoy produces a hypo] Oh, now, now wait a minute, gentlemen. No, what I, I.. [gets injected] had in mind was actually more in the line of a few words of sage counsel, as it were. Advice..THUNKKirk: Oh, Harry. I do believe you're putting on weight.
Spock: Your action is highly unethical. My decision... stands. [falls unconscious]McCoy: Not this time, Spock.
- From the episode "The Empath", after Dr. McCoy gives Spock a shot so that he can sacrifice himself in Spock's place:
- Vedek Fala's "Faith... faith" as his suicide pill takes effect in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Covenant".
- In one episode of Hill Street Blues, Lt. Hunter receives a gift in the mail from an admirer which he thinks is some sort of flute. One of the other officers in the precinct tries blowing into it. There is a pfft, and a feathered dart is sticking out of Hunter's chest.
Hunter: Oh. It's a blowgun. [Thud. Roll opening credits.]
- Casey in the Chuck episode Chuck vs The Dream Job is shot twice with tranquilizer darts and has a third dart stabbed into his neck by Chuck.
Casey (to Chuck): "I'm gonna kill you when I wake up."
- In one episode of M*A*S*H, Henry grabs a hypodermic syringe from a combative patient in the OR and gets a handful of the needle. He manages to count down to ninety-eight before collapsing. Counting backwards from one hundred is a common suggestion from surgeons to their patients to track when the patient succumbs to the anesthetic.
- Kratos's last words before he faints due to Yuan's lightning attack in Tales of Symphonia are "Are you all right?...Good." This, of course, is spoken to the intended target of the attack he blocked, Lloyd, his son.
- Dave in College Roomies from Hell!!!: "I will use the last of my consciousness to state that this is not cola, this is in fact plain and simple paint thinner."
- Although death is not impending, this bit from Crimson Dark counts:
Daniel : "Ok... Whisper, I think I'm about to pass out. Please don't take it personally.
- In Street Sharks, Clint manages to break free, grab Dr. Paradigm, and gasp out "What have you...", before apparently dying from the gene-slamming. His brothers just scream in pain and seemingly die before they can say anything.
- Beast Wars: Waspinator captures a protohuman girl and is trying to carry her back to base. Unfortunately, said protohuman got some pointers from Cheetor and puts them to use, hacking away at his joints so that by the time she's finally delivered to Megatron, he barely manages, "Waspinator deliver fleshy-bot safe and sound..." before he falls all to pieces again.