The naughty cousin of Footsie Under the Table
, this trope features a character touched/groped/grabbed under a table or some other kind of cover. Traditionally, this is at a dinner table, but it doesn't have to be. Anyone else present doesn't know what's happening, but will probably react with confusion to the unusual expression/behavior of the victim. Differs from Footsie Under the Table
in that, though a foot can be used to instigate, the target is not the victim's foot. It's the thigh. Or an even... more intimate target. Of course, Footsie Under The Table can lead to Naughty Under The Table.
The victim of the squeezing/groping, by reason of modesty
in the instigator, or simply an attachment to normal rules of propriety, will NOT desire this (at least, "not NOW")... or at the very least, would not want the other people to know what's happening.
Comes in two basic varieties: The PG-version will probably be a quick grab (probably the thigh) that causes the victim to jump up and/or react vocally, or kick the instigator. The R-version will continue longer, possibly all the way to orgasm.
If the "victim" is male and the instigator female, which is usually the case, this is almost certainly played for laughs
No Real Life examples, please.
Anime and Manga
- This happens quite a lot in Maka Maka (which is a hentai manga, so take a wild guess which variety it uses). Though strictly speaking it's only under a table once.
- Performed in Tart, an erotic comic book, by the eponymous character and an ex-boyfriend. Goes the whole range from groping to oral sex to vaginal sex to him throwing off the table and revealing them to the whole restaurant in twisted exhibitionism.
- At the beginning of the third American Pie movie, Michelle tries this with Jim.
- In Coming to America, Eddie Murphy's character is groped under his jacket by the sister of his love-interest...in a stadium during a basketball game.
- Wedding Crashers: Vince Vaughn's character is groped...er..."all the way" by his stalker with a crush, played by Isla Fisher.
- Police Academy: A hooker hiding inside a podium unzips and gropes first Lassard, and later Mahoney.
- In the comedy film Going the Distance, a farmer's daughter crawls under the dinner table and goes down on one of the male guests, and then on one of the female guests.
- Weekend at Bernie's: In a restaurant, Bernie's girlfriend goes from Footsie Under the Table to Naughty Under the Table while her mobster boyfriend's there.
- In Back to the Future, Marty's future mother squeezes his thigh under the table, causing him to jump up from the table and RUN out the door.
- Jennifer Beals does this to Michael Nouri in Flashdance.
- Madame de Blayac does this to the Marquis de Malavoy by rubbing his groin with her foot in Ridicule, mostly to distract him at a dinner party so that he can't concentrate enough to be witty. Since the key to success at court is wit, this is actually a big deal.
- In the film Kissing Jessica Stein, Jessica and her girlfriend Helen (who have just gotten together and are still trying to get over Jessica's epic physical intimacy issues), are at a bar together, when two men come over to their table and try to chat them up. Helen engages them in conversation and when they say they love the idea of lesbian couples, asks them what men find so fascinating about lesbian couples. As the guys are trying awkwardly to explain this, Helen begins feeling up Jessica's thigh under the table, causing Jessica to squirm in her seat and desperately try not to make a sound...until Helen's hand disappears up underneath Jessica's dress, and Jessica can't help but gasp at a sudden spike of arousal. Cue hurried excuses ("you don't look well, I should get you home to bed") and they leave...to indulge in some lovemaking. Which suffers Coitus Interruptus just after getting in through the front door.
- In On Her Majesty's Secret Service, a woman gropes James Bond while everyone is eating dinner. When he is asked if he is all right, he replies, "I feel a slight stiffness coming on."
- In Atlanta Nights, Steven Suffern does the R-rated version to... some guy, who then has a heart attack.
- In In the Time of the Butterflies, Trujillo does this to a senator's wife.
- A Song of Ice and Fire. When Prince Theon Greyjoy arrives back at the Iron Islands after spending years away as a hostage, his sister Asha poses as a shipwright's wife named Esgred in order to find out his plans, allowing Theon to grope her in the process. Theon is naturally disturbed when he finds out the truth, and to taunt him Asha grabs his crotch under the dinner table later, causing Theon to leap to his feet.
- In Battlestar Galactica (Reimagined), Ellen Tigh, in one of her first appearances, does this quite blatantly under the table. Bonus points because the man she did it to was the commander's son. Extra credit: it was in front of her husband. Ultra points: Lee [the commander's son] didn't want it at all and was publicly disgusted. High Score: She managed to get him in trouble for it, while she got away scot-free.
- Happens in an episode of Breaking Bad when Walt tries to grope his wife under a table. During a PTA meeting. This is thoroughly Justified. You see, he'd just gone into the meth business, and he wanted to sample his product... (The scene ends with Walt and Skyler ditching the meeting and having sex in their car.)
- Californication: Dinner Table version. In a first-season episode, Hank's date squeezes his thigh. Seated on his other side, Mia goes right for his crotch.
- In Charmed 6x04 "The Power of Three Blondes", Phoebe's imposter gives her boyfriend outright fellatio underneath the table in a restaurant full of people.
- "The Bare Facts", an episode of Simon And Simon, where the brothers were undercover at a nudist colony, had a woman who instigated the naughty with her foot, directed first at AJ, and later at Rick, who jumped back, knocking a waiter into a pool.
- An episode of Three's Company had Jack, Lana and Mr. Furley having dinner together. Though Furley considered it HIS date with Lana, she was interested in Jack and grabbed him under the table, causing him to exclaim "Hway!" and jump to his feet.
- In a season one episode of Dexter, Deb and her date are making out across the table, which causes Rita to feel insecure about the lack of sex in her and Dexter's relationship. She responds by putting a hand on his thigh under the table, but he merely looks uncomfortable and tries to ignore her.
- Suggested in the Alanis Morissette song "You Oughtta Know". Of course, we don't see the "victim" reacting to her behavior in the theater, but it IS a public place.
- Mentioned by Childish Gambino in his song "Bonfire".
- In the first episode of Typical Strange, a psychic does this to TK with her foot.