I Heard That
A Stock Phrase
involving Bob leaving to some place. What's next is that Alice said something really bad about him. Although he doesn't fight back, he just said the phrase.
Anime & Manga
- Ashes of the Past: Chapter 14, after Dexter, Ash's PokéDex, turns into a Porygon:
Dexter: I thought it was obvious.
Pikachu: I didn't see it coming either.
Dexter: Oh, maybe there was a problem, then. I thought it was just Ash being Ash.
Ash: I heard that!
Dexter: That was the point.
- Back Again, Harry?: After Harry introduces Hermione to the Room of Hidden Things, her enthusiasm is about as much as he expected.
Ron: We'll never get her out of here.
Harry: I'm sure she'll get hungry eventually.
Ron: (teasingly) I wouldn't bet on it. I bet she could survive on ink and paper if she had to.
Hermione: I heard that!
- New Game Plus: Chapter 5, after meeting Johnny and Yosaku:
Jango: And I thought that afro jack-in-the-box was weird.
Gaimon: I heard that!
- This Bites!: Chapter 7, while navigating the Grand Line's weather for the first time, after Cross has finished expressing how much he loves feeling alive (being an adrenaline junkie), Nami snaps for him to get to work:
Usopp: What happened to you enjoying living your dream?!
Cross: (quietly) Nami's not a part of that dream, she's a goddamn course hazard!
Soundbite: Headstrong! NOT SUICIDAL!
Nami: I HEARD THAT!
Live Action TV
- At the end of Charlotte's Web 2, Wilbur at one points says "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse!" But a horse, who happens to be nearby, snaps "I heard that!"
- Short Circuit: After Crosby shuts down Number Five to prevent General Ripper Schroeder and his troops from destroying him, we have this:
Schroeder: What the hell is the matter with you, you four-eyed idiot?!
Crosby: (under his breath) What an asshole.
Schroeder: I heard that!
- The Brave Little Toaster Goes To Mars:
Ratso: (referring to the microwave, to the protagonist appliances, sotto voce) We could sneak up behind him and shove him back into his box.
Microwave: (deadpan) I heard that.
- Barth's catchphrase in the Barth's Burgers segments of You Can't Do That On Television, usually when the kids say "What do you think is in the burger?".
- Power Rangers Operation Overdrive has this in the episode "At All Cost"; Red Ranger Mack and Yellow Ranger Ronny are playing foosball:
Ronny: I've never lost.
Mack: Yeah, nor have I. Granted, I've only played Spencer, and that's not much to brag about.
Spencer: (through the vents) I heard that.
- This has been done time to time in Adventures in Odyssey, particularly between Eugene Meltsner and Connie Kendal.
- Jackie Chan Adventures: In the episode "Shanghai Moon", after Valmont and his lackeys are sent flying off of a space station in a pod:
Valmont: Shendu…I despise you.
Shendu: I heard that.
- Phineas and Ferb: From "The Beak", after the episode's villain Khaka Peu Peu talks down to his wife:
Khaka: Ha, I told her.
(chair flies in, hitting Khaka on the forehead and knocking him over)
Khaka's wife: I heard that!
- SpongeBob SquarePants: This is a load of barnacles~
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) episode, "A Better Mousetrap", Splinter left the room. Next thing is that Michelangelo makes a pose and imitate his quote.
Michelangelo: "We will resume your training in the morning."
Splinter: I heard that.
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius: In the episode "Sheen's Brain", when Jimmy's invention supercharges Sheen's intelligence, it keeps growing, and growing, and growing, along with his head. Not long after his head begins growing, he pulls this trope on Carl when the latter calls him annoying and obnoxious...in his mind. Serves as a Chekhov's Gun for later in the episode.
- In ''VeggieTales episode, "The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown," while cheering up Pa Grape for the one song he was in not making #1, Mr. Lunt states that it was better than the Forgivomatic, which the scallion who was in the "ad" is heard off-screen, saying "I heard that!" before the sound of a door closing is heard.
- The Simpsons: Happens in the Bart Simpson's Dracula segment from "Treehouse of Horror IV".
Lisa: Dad, do you notice anything strange?
Homer: Yeah. His hairdo looks so queer.
Mr. Burns: I heard that!
Homer: It was the boy!
- Futurama: "Fry and the Slurm Factory". When the crew visit the Slurm factory and see the Grunka-Lunka's singing a song about not asking questions.
GLURMO: Hey I don't pay you to sing! You just used up today's bathroom break!
GUNKA-LUNKA: (Under breath): Hard ass.
GLURMO: I heard that!