I Heard That
A Stock Phrase involving Bob leaving to some place. What's next is that Alice said something really bad about him. Although he doesn't fight back, he just said the phrase.
Examples:Anime & Manga
- One Piece: In Chapter 800, after Issho thanks the Straw Hats for what they've done, Sengoku appears right behind him with this trope. It's usually not that easy to sneak up on a Blind Weaponmaster.
- Ashes of the Past: Chapter 14, after Dexter, Ash's PokéDex, turns into a Porygon:
Ash: Okay, wow. No, I didn't see that one coming.Dexter: I thought it was obvious.Pikachu: I didn't see it coming either.Dexter: Oh, maybe there was a problem, then. I thought it was just Ash being Ash.Ash: I heard that!Dexter: That was the point.
- Back Again, Harry?: After Harry introduces Hermione to the Room of Hidden Things, her enthusiasm is about as much as he expected.
Ron: We'll never get her out of here.Harry: I'm sure she'll get hungry eventually.Ron: (teasingly) I wouldn't bet on it. I bet she could survive on ink and paper if she had to.Hermione: I heard that!
- New Game+: Chapter 5:
Jango: And I thought that afro jack-in-the-box was weird.Gaimon: I heard that!
- At the end of Charlottes Web 2, Wilbur at one points says "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse!" But a horse, who happens to be nearby, snaps "I heard that!"
- Short Circuit: After Crosby shuts down Number Five to prevent General Ripper Schroeder and his troops from destroying him, we have this:
Schroeder: What the hell is the matter with you, you four-eyed idiot?!Crosby: (under his breath) What an asshole.Schroeder: I heard that!
- Barth's catchphrase in the Barth's Burgers segments of You Can't Do That On Television, usually when the kids say "What do you think is in the burger?".
- Power Rangers Operation Overdrive has this in the episode "At All Cost"; Red Ranger Mack and Yellow Ranger Ronny are playing foosball:
Ronny: I've never lost.Mack: Yeah, nor have I. Granted, I've only played Spencer, and that's not much to brag about.Spencer: (through the vents) I heard that.
- This has been done time to time in Adventures in Odyssey, particularly between Eugene Meltsner and Connie Kendal.
- Jackie Chan Adventures: In the episode "Shanghai Moon":
Valmont: Shendu…I despise you.Shendu: I heard that.
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 episode, "A Better Mousetrap", Splinter left the room. Next thing is that Michelangelo makes a pose and imitate his quote.
Michelangelo: "We will resume your training in the morning."Splinter: I heard that.
- In ''Veggie Tales episode, "The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown," while cheering up Pa Grape for the one song he was in not making #1, Mr. Lunt states that it was better than the Forgivomatic, which the scallion who was in the "ad" is heard off-screen, saying "I heard that!" before the sound of a door closing is heard.