open/close all folders
Films — Live-Action
- In Oldboy, Oh Dae-Su fights his way through a long hallway of mooks, armed with a hammer. It is perhaps the most well known action sequence in the movie due to it's intense level of violence and for being The Oner.
- In Kill Bill Vol 2, the Bride and Elle briefly get into a sword fight in the hallway of Budd's trailer, which leads to the Bride ripping the eye from her socket and considering she only had one eye to begin with, it gives her the win.
- In The Raid, the main characters have to take down an entire apartment building full of gangsters, which leads to plenty hallway fights. One of the main fights involves them slashing their way through bad guys with machetes.
- The climax in Rogue One involves Darth Vader himself killing his way through a corridor of a Rebel spaceship in order to obtain plans for the Death Star.
- Inception features a hallway fight between Arthur and a nameless mook. Because they are inside the dreaming mind of a person in a rolling vehicle, the two men end up grappling as the hallway rotates and they flop this way and that.
- In The Matrix, the Final Battle between Neo and Agent Smith takes place in a building's hallway inside the matrix.
- In Terminator 2: Judgment Day, young John Connor is trapped in the narrow gallery of a corridor in a shopping mall when the T-1000 comes around the corner and starts shooting at him. Luckily for John, T-800 is around and shields the boy from the bullets, although an unlucky janitor is killed in the crossfire. Then T-800 pushes John into an adjacent room and a shoot-out between the two terminators unfolds in the corridor.
- The action thriller Snowpiercer takes place on a train, so all unfolding fight scenes resemble hallway fights.
Live — Action TV
- The Defenders:
- Matt Murdock, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Danny Rand have all found themselves infiltrating Midland Circle Financials, an institution that is laundering money for the Hand. They soon find themselves under attack from Elektra Natchios and a bunch of Alexandra's henchmen in the narrow corridors, and have to fight their way to an elevator to make their escape.
- The group later have a fight with Madame Gao and some of her henchmen in an underground passageway
- Apparently, in the writer's room for the four Netflix shows leading into The Defenders, there's a creed that goes "the hero is required to have at least one hallway fight scene during their individual show".
- In "Cut Man", Matt Murdock fights his way through a hallway full of Russian mobsters to rescue a kidnapped boy. What makes this scene memorable is that it's all done in one take with no cuts.
- In "New York's Finest", after freeing himself from Frank Castle, Matt fights off Dogs of Hell bikers in the hallway of an apartment building, which eventually leads to a stairwell fight. This is an homage to The Raid.
- A non-Matt example happens in "Seven Minutes in Heaven". Wilson Fisk needs to get rid of Dutton, the guy who runs the prison's underground economy. So he tricks Frank Castle into entering Dutton's cellblock. After Frank kills Dutton, Fisk locks him in, and releases all the prisoners who are quick to get revenge on him for killing their boss. He ends up having to go down a corridor, stabbing his way out with a shiv.
- Jessica Jones:
- When Will Simpson turns into a psychotic super soldier, he attacks Jessica in her apartment. The two of them fall through a wall and start smashing each other against sides of a small passageway.
- The season 1 finale sees Jessica have to fight her way through a hospital corridor filled with doctors and patients that Kilgrave has ordered to stop her. She tries to sneak down the hall to get out but she is soon spotted and forces her way through, getting a nasty cut with a scalpel for her troubles.
- Luke Cage: In "Who's Gonna Take The Weight", Luke Cage attacks Crispus Attucks, the location of Cottonmouth's main stash, using his Super Strength to bulldoze his way through Cottonmouth's henchmen in three different hallways before finding the vault where all of the money is stashed.
- Iron Fist (2017):
- A group of Triads armed with hatchets show up at Danny Rand's hotel suite and try to kidnap Joy Meachum in retaliation for a pier deal she and Ward reversed on Harold's orders. Danny fights his way down a corridor full of their men until he gets to the elevator, where he dispatches the last two, before fleeing with Joy to Colleen Wing's dojo. Harold later kills the guy who hit Joy by splitting his head open with a sword.
- Danny and Davos later fight a group of Hand members in a narrow passage while escaping Bakuto's compound, and almost get overwhelmed due to the cramped quarters.
- A few episodes later, Colleen Wing and Davos rescue Danny from Bakuto and his men. The three of them dispatch Bakuto's men in the lobby of the General Electric Building, then chase down and fight off Bakuto in Central Park.
- Twilight Princess: The ice dungeon's miniboss room appears on the map as a circle, as with all the other. Once inside, however, it's actually a long corridor (the extra space is used for storing, of all things, cannons)., with the miniboss being a giant armored lizard swinging an Epic Flail. To get past him without getting smashed to bits, Link has to hookshot the ceiling behind the lizard and drop down.
- Off-screen example in Evil Genius, in which the greatest triumph of Super Agent Jet Chan was defeating an evil genius who built a long, narrow lair which ran the length of the Great Wall of China. Chan reportedly used the lair's layout to his advantage, forcing the genius' mooks to fight him one-on-one rather than let them gang up on him.