A good way to enhance the cuteness
of a video and/or picture of an animal
is to have the animal get close to the camera, and put its face right up to or around said camera, often sniffing the camera and/or sniffing around it.
if the animal's face is so much closer to the camera than the rest of its body is that it makes the animal's head look bigger in comparison to the body than it actually is.
A wide angle lens is usually used to enhance this effect.
- Happens in a lot of The BBC's Spy wildlife documentaries when the animal subjects start to get curious about the disguised cameras that are filming them. For instance, in one Polar Bears: Spy on the Ice episode, one of the cameras was disguised as a snowball, and the cubs kept approaching it and playing with it.
- Zoboomafoo: In the opening sequence.
- On Eat Your Kimchi the Scottish Fold kitten Dr. Meemersworth stalks and attacks a camera on a string.
- Birthday and holiday cards
- Handbags in some shops in the UK.
- Artlist Collection's "The Dog" and "The Cat" collectibles are all about focusing on kitties' and puppies' faces using a fish-eye lens.