Yes, we always get out of the house like this. Why?
A Sister Trope
to All Guys Want Cheerleaders
. But what could be better than a teenage hottie
jumping around in a skimpy outfit? How about a twenty-something hottie walking around in a skimpy outfit? Not only is she more likely to be more developed (and of legal age), she's also more likely to be... how do you say... experienced
A Sorority Woman has similarities to a Cheerleader, in that she is part of a close knit, almost exclusively-female group
, is almost by definition drop-dead gorgeous, and generally presumed to be loose in morals
. The main advantage in films, however, is that, as almost every Sorority Woman is above the age of consent, it's way easier to show them in sexy lingerie
, drinking alcohol
, taking a shower
(maybe even without a Modesty Towel
!), or actually having sex
And, to top it all off, they often used to be cheerleaders in their former days — some of them are still
cheerleaders! — which makes the stereotype even more perfect.
- Sorority Row, a movie that pretty much survives on this. The whole point of the film is to make XY members of the audience pay to see sorority women, lingerie, and blood.
- Legally Blonde. Everyone is so-o-o shocked with Elle Woods' fiance when he breaks up with her. I mean, how can he not want a sorority woman? A blonde one, for that matter. In fact Elle was the president of the sorority, so how could some other women be better than her?
- Revenge of the Nerds
- The House Bunny averts this in the beginning — the sorority is filled with the school's rejects and losers.
- Sorority Boys, Well sort off.
- In the film Sydney White, the reigning queen of the college's Hot or Not website (and therefore the "fairest of them all") is sorority girl Rachel Witchburn...until she's displaced by the newest pledge, Sydney White.
- There's one scene in the Dukes Of Hazzard movie that involves Seann William Scott and Johnny Knoxville walking through one of these places, and the women wear less and less as they progress.
- The novel Hell Week features a sorority whose members are exceptionally popular, lucky and successful due to black magic... which, it turns out, is powered by sex.
- On How I Met Your Mother Lily is of the opinion that "all sorority girls are sluts." However, this is mostly due to bitterness over not being accepted into one.
- Alluded to later when one of Barney Stinson's plans for seducing women is to find a sorority that's gotten in trouble for "lewd behavior" and disguise himself as their new house mom "Mrs. Stinsfire."
- The Lifetime Movie "Sorority Wars" has two competeing sororities. The more prestigious one, fits the trope as all of the members are hot and are basically the Alpha Bitch of the campus. The rival sorority, while their members are equally attractive, they are portrayed as being academically inclined and friendly to everyone.
- On Supernatural, when Sam and Dean are investigating several murders which are connected to a sorority house, Dean suddenly sees the appeal in attending college and ribs Sam good-naturedly about it.
- Kingdom of Loathing makes constant note of "hot sorority Orcs", the distaff counterpart to the Frat Orcs you fight. They're all dumb Valley Girl types.
- In Sluggy Freelance, an MMORPG has a panty raid on a demonic sorority as a high-level quest. The demonic sorority sisters are stated to be the hottest women (temperature wise) in the entire game.