Literature / The Bleeder
When a boy with a gift from Hell gives him the control of the Devilís blood and is dead, the only way to achieve life again is to kill others for their blood. But what he doesnít know is that there are people out there that want his precious kills.
Describe The Bleeder
is an over-the-top action/thriller story that combines an unique philosophy into an expanding universe full of psychopathic and homicidal maniacs, all-powerful super beings and loads (and loads) of blood. The story is comprise of action with an overlapping plot and some suspense and horror do to its nature and an multitude of F-bombs
going off in every which direction. And that's only the beginning of this massive story. Written by Cory of PRIVATE Corp
, the story of the Bleeder is more than less his darkest, and most sickest, works he has ever done.The Bleeder
stars the titular character
(though he doesn't go by that
until later) the Bleeder Jake Steel. He is a former thief turned serial killer who after dying prematurely from a fatal accident is brought back as a "blood ghost." With a seal that prevents him from passing on to the Afterlife, he must seek out one million people and kill them so that he can regain his life. Along with this, he is to see one million more to restore the life of his former master, the late Mongomtry, in hopes to have both of their natural lives to end the right way. In the process, Jake gets a run-in with some shady characters, including Black Crow who decides to join Jake in the quest of returning back to life and Chief Polenski who wants to rid Jackson City of all of the "mutants." But with the power of the Devil's blood flowing through him, Jake will make a name of himself as he drag every last resident of Jackson City down into the ground.
There are plans for at least four additional stories. Found here
This series provides examples of:
- A Million Is a Statistic: At least in getting your life back
- All Deaths Final: Not neccesarry in this story. If a person's time is up, then that person moves on to the Afterlife. If a person's time is cut short from a premature death, then that person can go back and try to live the remaining time before that time is up. However, if that person dies a second time, then that death is final.
- Anyone Can Die
- Back from the Dead: That is Jake's and Crow's goal so far.
- Balancing Death's Books: A variation. If one were to assign a deal with the Grim Reaper, then that person must meet a certain requirement in order to regain life (usually high number of kills)
- Blessed with Suck: Jack Steel in spades! He is immune to most deaths, thanks to his powers of controlling the Devil's blood, but when he did die, he was given a seal that prevents him from passing on and force to kill others in order to regain mortality.
- Blood Magic: Well, what do you expect?
- Bloodless Carnage: Horribly and utterly inverted to the extreme and then strangely played straight. Inverted for that Jake uses blood to create the carnage, while played straight to where he drains the blood from his victims and leaves a lifeless corpse behind.
- Bottomless Magazines: Upon getting the Blood Bullet technique
- Calling Your Attacks
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Deal with the Devil: And the Grim Reaper and God. For those who want to get a seal, they need to go through either one of them to get one, as each one will provide a different variation of each seal and will have a specific seal from each one.
- The Grim Reaper is a source of good in this story
- Guns Akimbo: Jake Steel, full stop
- Making a Splash: Jake's main source of attacks, despite the water being blood
- Our Ghosts Are Different: And how!
- Police Are Useless: Not only is the Jackson City police is useless, it is down-right evil!
- Satan: In this story, he goes by Lucifer.
- Shock and Awe: apparently Jake's only weakness
- Shooting Superman: Shooting at Jake will result in the bullets going right through him
- Shotguns Are Just Better: Crow's main gun of choice
- Sword Cane
- Talking to the Dead: Everyone can do it! Just as long as they can see the dead, that is...
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: For those who have an Anthropomorphic seal
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Jake tends to fall into this if he doesn't control the Blood Diamond over a certain period of time.
- Your Days Are Numbered: In a sense. Everyone in the world has a precise time of how long they live in the world and when that time comes they die through whatever means. That can be said when the people died of a premature death and have to pay their time before continuing on to finish their life off.