A Web Original serial novel
written by troper Hydra4. Currently featured on DeviantArt
. Updates with EXTREME irregularity.
Features 2 sets of protagonists:
- Jacob, a telekinetic boy of 19, and an apprentice in The Georgian, a demon-hunting organization. The story begins with him encountering a demon halfway through his training. His portions are narrated in first-person.
- Lucas and Alicia, a pair of high school students in small-town Ohio. They share an ability to transform into dragons. The story begins with the two of them being attacked by a mysterious assailant. Their portions are narrated in third person.
The story is broken down into chapters, with each chapter divided into (usually) two parts, one for each perspective (usually). Some segments will flip-flop between the two perspectives. Currently consists of 10 parts, going up to Chapter 5 Part 1.
This page was written by the author, so take just about everything with a grain of salt. Any tropes listed have already been used in the story, or are a part of the World Building
undergone but not outlined in the actual story yet. More tropes will be added as they are used/found.
- Alien Geometries: All special powers/abilities are based on the manipulation of these.
- Author Avatar: Jacob is based entirely on the writer, right down to his ringtone.
- Cynical Mentor: Derek Valla
- Demon Slayer: Jacob, Valla, and everyone else in the Georgian
- Doing It for the Art: The story pretty much exists solely for the purpose of showcasing the ridiculously thorough physics system behind the abilities of the characters.
- First-Person Smartass: Jacob, at times
- Hammerspace: Corvus' ability
- Healing Factor: Lucas
- Lurid Tales of Doom: The type of newspaper that Wilson is forced to publish his articles in
- Mind Over Matter: Jacob's ability
- Meaningful Name: Jake Scylding
- Memetic Badass: Corvus, in-universe in the Georgian
- Must Have Caffeine: Wilson
- Our Dragons Are Different: "Dragons" are humans with the ability to transform into a dragon. Types of dragons vary from person to person, primarily variations on Western dragons.
- Puberty Superpower: How basically all powers manifest
- Secret Identity: All Georgian agents have alternate identities that they use when on assignment. Also, Lucas and Alicia by default, courtesy of Voluntary Shapeshifting.
- Shape Shifter Baggage: justified by Alien Geometries present in the physics system. (Will be explained in detail in-story, eventually)
- Shout Out: to Supernatural in Chapter 1
- Another one to Beowulf, in the form of Jacob's alternate identity, Jake Scylding. Lampshaded by Valla.
- Teleportation: Slippy's ability
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Jacob and Alicia's ability
- Writers Cannot Do Math / Artistic License - Physics: Notably averted. The author is a Mechanical Engineering major. As such, anything involving math and science will be researched with care.