Heartwarming: The Fugitive
The TV series
- In the final episode:
- Gerard giving Kimble 24 hours to find out who helped the One-Armed Man jump bail.
- In The Tag, Gerard extending his hand to Kimble as he's leaving the courtroom, and Kimble wordlessly shaking it.
- The final bit of narration: "Tuesday, September fifth. The day... the running... stopped."
- Kimble risking his freedom to tend to an injured boy, saving his life.
- In another example of Kimble's heroic nature, he manages to get the shivved guard out of the bus just before the train hits. He risked his life to save a man he didn't even know from a brutal death, which SHOULD have been a clue to officials that he wasn't such a bad guy from the get-go. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- When Kimble and Gerard meet again.
Kimble: (gestures down to the now unconscious Nichols) They killed my wife.Gerard: I know it, Richard. I know it. But it's over now.
- "I thought you said you didn't care?" "I don't, don't tell anybody okay?"
- After Gerard saves Newman from Copeland, albeit shooting him at point black range:
Gerard: How are you feeling?Newman: Lousy. I have ringing in my ears. I'm afraid I may suffer permanent hearing loss.Gerard: You honestly believe I should have bargained with that man. That I should have listened to what he had to say, despite the fact he had you at gunpoint?Newman: (pausing) Yeah.Gerard: Can you hear me in this ear?Newman: Yes.Gerard: (whispering) I. Don't. Bargain.
Gerard: What can I tell you, sir? Mr. Copeland was a bad man. He was gonna kill one of my kids. (the man on the other end is still looking for someone to blame) Well, sir, you can blame me. I mean, I'm the one who shot him.
- While that moment doesn't seem to be very heartwarming, an offhanded comment Gerard gives to one of his superiors over the phone afterwards does.
- After messing around with him all film, Gerard pointedly and publicly praises Newman's police work after his effective questioning of Bones Roosevelt.
- While Copeland was an asshole for not helping Kimble rescue the wounded guard during the derailment, he does help a weak and weary Kimble reach higher ground before going their separate ways.