If you're looking for examples based on a specific series or movie, check these designated pages:
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
- Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo
- The Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo Show
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
- Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School
- Scooby-Doo Direct-to-Video Film Series
- No matter what you think of Scrappy, This◊ is still pretty sweet.
- Meta example: Despite how slow it's becoming, Scrappy is recieving some surprisingly amount of supporters and even defenders who feel he should be brought back and even given some Character Development to appeal to the detractors. Only time will tell if Cartoon Network/Warner Bros. listens.
- In the film Shaggy is the only one trying to keep the gang from bickering with one and other, but the most prominent occasion was his Banana split analogy. When he mentions who the toppings are he mentions that Velma is the "Sweet and Sour Mustard sauce that goes on top." This shows in his own way that even though Fred and Velma argue about who should get Credit, Shaggy's at least the only person who knows where credit is due.
- Shaggy and Scooby are fighting but the instant Scooby gets dropped down a hole Shaggy goes to rescue him.
Shaggy: Friends don't quit.
- After Shaggy rescues Velma and the others she says, "I always knew you were a hero, Shaggy"
- Fred stops his attention seeking at the end to give Velma a chance to be in the limelight.