From the movie/musical
- The encore at the concert. School! Of! Rock! School! Of! Rock!
- After seeing Zack berated by his father in the parking lot, Dewey initiates a class lecture/improvised song about sticking up for yourself. By the end, Zack is feeling much better and even thanks Dewey for the great lesson...in front of the other teachers (who are both awed and slightly jealous).
Lawrence's father: Your son's very skilled.Zack's father: Thanks. So's yours.
- Even better when you see Zack's father cheering him on during the final performance.
- Any and every time Dewey bonds with one of the kids. Especially the way he interacts with Lawrence and Tomika and helps them deal with their respective self-esteem issues.
- When Tomika sings her solo at the Battle of the Bands, it cuts to her parents gasping with delight in the most heartwarming way. Her mother looks like she wants to cry Tears of Joy.
- Dewey's little speech to Tomika when she worries about her weight. He lists Aretha Franklin as a Big Beautiful Woman who's also a fantastic singer. Shows that Dewey is a Cool Teacher at heart.
- Upon Summer telling Dewey that Freddie went off to hang out with a shady band, Dewey immediately goes full Papa Wolf and hurries to find him.
- After Dewey is proved as a fraud, the kids still insist on playing in battle of the bands and even go to pick him up.
- Summer comes up with the idea to tell the judges the kids are all terminal as a way to get them into Battle of the Bands - after Freddie makes them miss the audition. After Dewey tells her she's getting an A, she smiles and says "I didn't do it for the grade".
- Ros getting a chance to let her hair down in the bar with Dewey. She says that none of the teachers have ever asked her to get drinks before.
- There's also the parents and Ros really popping when the singers sing "kick some ass" in the performance.
- Alex Brightman's Hard Rock Life vlogs from backstage at the musical can be very sweet. In particular, his interactions with fans of the show - inspired by Michael Cerveris' courteousness when they met after Alex saw Tommy as a little kid - can be cute to watch, especially his bringing donuts to the people waiting in line for tickets.