Heartwarming: Extra Credits
- On June 29, 2011 this plea for help was launched into the airwaves. In less than two hours the goal was reached making it this and a Crowning Moment of Awesome for all who have contributed. Even after the goal of $15,000 has been reached (TWO $5,000 donations), as of 11:33 PM EST the numbers are currently still climbing with many generous donations continuing to come forward.
- The plan was to run the donation period for sixty days. In a few hours, they doubled the original price.
- Okay, after the whole Escapist mess, there is something to take a good look at. Both sides of the discussion openly admitted that the creators of Extra Credits postponed getting paid in order to allow The Escapist to produce other shows that would otherwise be canceled. In fewer words, this means that they lost money for each episode note . They really do care about games.
- The PAX episode. Go watch it, and come back here, and tell me you didn't have a warm fluffy feeling with a straight face.
- Due to James' compulsion, his relationship at the time was troubled severely. They broke up, something James surely regretted for a long time. Fast-forward to now, where for the second episode of the two-part discussion on Game Compulsion, rather than taking their usual objective, academic, and clinical approach to tackling a subject, Dan takes a minute or so to sum up the previous episode's coverage and outline the current one's objectives before passing the mic to James, who for the next twenty-odd minutes pours his heart and soul out, relating his own struggle with Game Compulsion and how in overcoming it he's made his life better than it was before. As he says, "Life will always welcome you back."
- That alone in itself is heartwarming, but then he got a response from his former lover, just a few days before she moved to France, after which would be too late.
- At the end of the Ludus Florentis video, Daniel says "If you're at GDC, say hi to James! Also, make sure he stops to eat something. He never eats at these things..." Okay, now is that adorable or what?
- Similarly, at the end of the Games You Might Not Have Tried #3 video, Daniel says that if people see James at Pax East, to "run up and HUG him without warning. He loves that."
- The end of the "Gamifying Education" video contained a marriage proposal. Dawww!
- And she said yes!
- If you haven't teared up a little at the end of ''A Season of Hope'', the Child's Play episode, you are The Stoic indeed.
- Don't pretend that you didn't get a little bit misty eyed watching this.
- There's something strangely adorable about James hugging a cyberpunk heart in Games You Might Not Have Tried: Cyberpunk.
- Alison is back... it's just for a lesson on the Punic Wars but let's savor this.
- Dan's fanboying over Justinian.
- Though since James does the writing, this is really more James's fanboying over Justinian. It's especially noticeable during the Lies segment for this period set, he makes no effort to hide that he'd love to come back to this period and finish Justinian and Theodora's story.
- Admiral Yi finally getting the respect he deserved from Korea after more or less single handedly saving the country multiple times and a lifetime of the government practically going out of it's way to screw him over.