- If the Tick says something, chances are its going to be funny.
- This may sum up The Tick's personality and sense of humor at the same time. In "The Tick vs. The Tick," Barry, another costumed Tick shows up to claim the rights to the name (his costume resembles more of a tick than The Tick). They have this exchange:
Barry: Where's that jerk who calls himself The Tick?
The Tick: I am that jerk!...Who wants to know?
- When The Deadly Bulb did a Heel-Face Turn: and called himself Pig-Leg, his new goal being to ensure his pig-leg was happy.
- In "The Tick vs. Chairface Chippendale" the eponymous villain is lowering the Tick, American Maid and Arthur into his alligator pit. As the screen is just about to cut to commercial, Arthur - still writhing to get free - yells "Jerk!"
- "We are a justice sandwich, no toppings necessary!"
- Chairface Chippendale's plan to write his name on the moon fails, resulting in the surface of the moon only reading "CHA". In a later episode, the Tick is hand-picked to help repair the moon, but he only gets around to erasing the 'C'. Now the moon reads "HA", eternally mocking all life on the planet.
- When the villains brought together by the Terror face certain defeat, Tuun-La and Stalingrad make a daring jetpack escape (and, inexplicably and hilariously, [[Interspecies Relationship confess their love to each other):
Tuun-La: "Josef Stalin, grab onto my armored muumuu, and together we will leave this foul Earth behind!"
- The Tick must defuse a big old bomb with a big traditional digital countdown. On the basis 'how hard could it be?' he rams his hand through the casing and starts feeling around. Aaaand his hand gets stuck.
The Tick: "I'M A WALKING TIME-BOMB!"
- From the episode "Ants in Pants":
TV Announcer: This is not a test. Authorities have issued a city-wide alert. Please stay tuned to this station for emergency evacuation instructions.
TV Reporter: GET OUT OF THE CITY!!!
- Mayor Blank's reaction to the national guard general's plan to destroy The City to eradicate the ants is really hilarious to look at.
- There's also this exchange:
American Maid: You know, I get the feeling we're trapped in a...Er.
Die Fledermaus: Don't say it.
Fish Boy: Say what?
American Maid: We're trapped in a...Um.
Arthur: A people farm?
(It is shown the heroes are trapped in a life-sized ant farm)
- From "The Tick vs. The Big Nothing", what's the fastest thing in the universe? Lint. The explanation:
Alien Interpretor: Right after you do your laundry, what's the first thing you find in your pockets?
The Tick: Uh...crayons, change, lip balm.
Alien Interpretor: Lint! And how does it get there?
The Tick: Uh, I don't know?
Alien Interpretor: IT'S THAT FAST! Prepare to enter lint-warp!
- When entering lint-speed:
The Tick: [Beholding vast streams of lint in hyperspace] I've never seen so much lint in my life.
- At one point the Tick is showing off the 'crime-mobile' (Arthur's sister's old Bobcat station wagon) to a camera crew. Arthur doesn't mind the Tick showing off the ceiling light or the sunshade, but he refuses to honk the horn.
Tick (insistently): Arthur! Honk if you love justice!!
- Blow-Hole the giant whale man... perhaps the most bizarre example of a Chekhov's Gunman in recorded history.
- When The Tick tries to give a Tick Signal to Mayor Blank.
Mayor Blank: You guys keep trying to give me these things and they just don't work. Every time we flash the Die Fledermaus Signal he unplugs his phone and skips town for a week.
- The Tick ends up going on a vision quest. Unfortunately, his spirit guide is his own mind, which isn't a lot of help.
Tick's Mind: Sorry I haven't been around much. I get easily distracted by shiny objects.
- At one point, The Tick has to ascend a down escalator. His spirit guide tells him to pick up the pace, which leads to The Tick griping, "I don't have little wings on my head like some people!"
- During his time in Antwerp as part of the Superhero Exchange Program, The Tick is scolded by city officials for his style of patrolling, jumping from roof to roof, damaging their architecture. That may fly in the US where every building is just a block of concrete, but they don't tolerate that crap in Europe.
- Tick and his relationship with his "talking dog" Speak (actually a capybara Tick found in the Amazon and hallucinated as speaking after hitting his head). Speak has no Amplified Animal Aptitude, barely moves and generally seems to be either terrified or slightly concussed. But the Tick is so convinced that Speak is awesome that it's heartwarming in a demented kind of way.
Tick: Give it to me straight, Doc! Is he going to be OK?
Vet: Well, he's perfectly healthy. But I have to tell you, Tick, he's not a dog. He's a capybara.
Vet: A semi-aquatic rodent from South America. Basically, Tick, Speak is the world's biggest rat.
Tick: All right! Way to go, Speak!
- The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight (BOOM BABY!!) fills the episode 'The Tick vs. The Tick' with delight. And explosives.
- The Tick asking one of The Idea Men about their evil scheme.
Idea Man: Uh, well, we thought we'd steal a lot of money, and then we'd be rich! And we wouldn't have to work anymore!
Tick: You CADS!
- From the same episode, no one has any goddamn idea what the Idea Men's demands are, because their masks muffles their speech so badly all you hear is gibberish. Eventually they resort to holding up a sign with the words "Give Money Or We Blow Dam"
- From the season 2 premiere:
Arthur: It's only hobby night! You can't fight crime with a macaroni duck!
Tick: I'll be the judge of that! (storms out, and his head smashes through the top of the door frame)
- In the first episode, an off-screen interviewer asks The Tick if he has any supernatural powers. The Tick admits "no" to all of them. When the interviewer asks if he could destroy the Earth:
Tick: Egad, I hope not! That's where I keep all my stuff!