Funny: The Three Musketeers (1993)
- D'Artagnan thinks he's a real badass...perhaps a little too much.
Athos: Your manners have not improved yet. You're late.
D'Artagnan: You in a hurry to die?
Athos: (Porthos and Aramis arrive) Here come the grave diggers now.
Porthos: Athos, you cannot fight this boy.
Athos: Why not?
Porthos: I'm fighting him.
D'Artagnan: Not until 1 o'clock.
Aramis: I have a duel with him too.
D'Artagnan: Not until 2 o'clock.
Athos: Only a fool would try and arrest us twice in one day.
- Shortly thereafter:
Jussac: You're under arrest.
Aramis and Porthos: (in unison) A fool.
Jussac: Are you coming peacefully or do you intend to resist?
Porthos: Oh don't be so stupid, of course we intend to resist! Just give us a moment, all right?
- The guards then actually wait to attack until the Musketeers have finished conferring with one another and Porthos announces "Now we're prepared to resist!".
- The Musketeers, having rescued D'Artagnan from the executioner's block, hijack the Cardinal's coach, and Aramis and Porthos investigate its contents while Athos drives:
Athos: We're in the middle of a chase, Porthos.
Porthos: You're right - something red.
Porthos: For a chase, the Cardinal recommends his excellent '24 Cabernet. (aside to D'Artagnan) You can't have any, you're too young.
- Meanwhile D'Artagnan is just looking at Porthos like he's crazy, which probably isn't too far off...
- "Aha! The Cardinal's sacred snack chamber!"
- At the end of the movie, D'Artagnan has just been made a Musketeer and is talking to the title trio about what comes next for them, when Girard and his brothers, who were pursuing D'Artagnan earlier in the movie, spot him:
D'Artagnan: So what do we do now? What's next?
Porthos: Well, we protect the King...
Aramis: ...Protect the Queen...
Porthos: ...In the name of God... And France, correct?
Aramis: France indeed.
(Girard and his brothers have caught up with D'Artagnan. At the other end of the street they draw swords)
Girard: D'Artagnan! My sister's honor will not wait a moment longer.
D'Artagnan: I'll handle this.
Porthos: D'Artagnan, we also protect each other.
D'Artagnan: All for one.
Aramis, Porthos, Athos: And one for all.
(Girard's eyes widen)
The movie ends with Girard and brothers fleeing as the entire Musketeer corps chases them, with an overhead shot of a steady stream of blue tunics down the street.
- When rescuing D'artagnan from execution, Aramis shoots one of the guards and makes the sign of the cross with the smoking pistol.
- During the battle with the Cardinal's guards, the Musketeers have all defeated their opponents. Aramis points out that D'Artagnan is fighting on the roof.
Athos: (in the most deadpan voice possible) My God, he's still alive.
- "The manly art of wenching." The entire scene.
- Porthos claims the sash D'Artagnan just ruined was a gift from "the Queen of America." D'Artagnan calling him out on this Critical Research Failure is what gets him into a duel. And later he reveals himself by bringing up "the Czarina of Tokyo."
- Aramis' introductory scene. He's a lovely young blonde's theology tutor, but unfortunately she's married.
Aramis: We must pray for our sins!
(The young lady's husband, a Cardinal's guard, bursts in)
Aramis: Second thought, God's often busy.