- The "Plethora" scene:
Jefe: I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little suprises.El Guapo: Many pinatas?Jefe: Oh yes, many!El Guapo: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?Jefe: A what?El Guapo: A plethora.Jefe: Oh yes, you have a plethora.El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?Jefe: Why, El Guapo?El Guapo: (increasingly angry and loud as he continues) Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has NO IDEA what it means to have a plethora!
- The Amigos' crying when they realize it's real.
Lucky Day: It's real. They're going... to kill us.
- "Do you have anything to eat besides Mexican food?"
- The Amigos' first tequila. Followed up by a performance of the frilly dance number "My Little Buttercup" with the participation of terrified banditos who've mistaken them for friends of the German. Once the Amigos leave and the actual Bad Asses show up, though...
- This subverted Heartwarming Moment near the end:
Lucky Day: I'll come back one day.Carmen: Why?(tender BGM stops)Lucky Day: B- because I thought... Maybe, we could...Carmen: Ohhh...! (nods in understanding)
- One of El Guapo's women tries to prepare Carmen for the fate that awaits her:
"Tell me, Carmen, do you know what 'foreplay' is?""No...""Good! Neither does El Guapo."
- During El Guapo's party, you see him dancing with his woman. Then Jefe comes in a dances with another. The camera pans over to the rest of the banditos, and they are dancing with women, alone, or with in groups. Except for one who is dancing with a bottle of tequila.
- When Dusty kills the invisible swordsman by accident.
Lucky: You were supposed to fire up! WE BOTH FIRED UP! (sighs) It's like living with a six-year-old...
- When Lucky Day manages to hold up El Guapo and his men.
Lucky: Not so fast, El Guapo! Or I'll fill you so full of lead you'll be using your dick for a pencil!El Guapo: What do you mean?Lucky:...I don't know.Jefe (to El Guapo): I think he means that if you-El Guapo: SHUT UP!
- When the first group of banditos report back to El Guapo about the Three Amigos, the leader says, "They called us scum-sucking pigs! US!" The tough, scuzzy bandito just sounds so hurt.
- Related to the movie, Roger Ebert recalled in his blog a time when he and Gene Siskel were on The Tonight Show, with Chevy Chase (as the first guest, promoting Three Amigos!) sitting next to them. When Johnny Carson asked Roger what his least favorite movie of that holiday season was, Roger sheepishly admitted, "Three Amigos!". An awkward silence befell all four men before Chevy cracked, "Looking forward to YOUR next film!"note
Johnny Carson: I wish I hadn't asked you that.Roger Ebert: I wish you hadn't, too.
- The animals singing along to "Blue Shadows". It's so ridiculously over the top even within the movie's comedic context that one can't help but laugh.
Turtle: Goodnight, Ned.
- El Guapo's exhilarated reaction to being given a sweater as a birthday present by his henchmen, and the fact that he wears it tied around his neck for the rest of the scene.