Trivia: The Three Musketeers (1993)
- Acting for Two Paul McGann pulls double duty as Girad, the young who feels D'Artagnan dishonored his sister, and Jussac one of the Cardinal's henchmen
- Fake Nationality: None of the cast (with the exception of Julie Delpy) are actually French.
- Follow the Leader: Made after Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and has much in common with it.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: The man who chases D'Artagnan, Gerard, once traveled around in a blue box.
- What Could Have Been: After Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves was a huge box-office hit for Warner Bros., Hollywood sought to replicate its success with more period adventure movies. Disney, Tristar Pictures and Columbia Pictures all tried to get a Three Musketeers movie going at the same time. Disney won the race by being the first to secure lead actors, Kiefer Sutherland and Charlie Sheen (who was first approached for Porthos but wanted Aramis). Columbia never got past the script stage, while Tristar had a director attached and was courting Johnny Depp, Robert Downey, Jr. and Oliver Platt (Porthos in the Disney film) before cancelling the project. Brad Pitt was approached by all sides, reportedly as D'Artagnan for the Disney film, but passed. The unfilmed Three Musketeers scripts are said to be "darker". More details here.