Funny: The Last Starfighter
- The moment when Alex realizes he's trapped in a fast-moving car with a man he thinks is completely insane. (he doesn't know the half of it).
Centauri: (cheerful singsong) That's why I'm not gonna tellll youuuu...
Alex: Oh God.
- Louis' disgusted reaction to Alex and Maggie snogging: "Diarrhea!"
- "Back to sleep Louis or I'm telling mom about your Playboys!" ...and (repeat).
- Between Grig, Beta and Centauri, quite a few, the crown jewel being:
Alex: It'll be a slaughter!
Grig: That's the spirit!
Alex: No, my slaughter! One Gunstar against the armada?!
Grig: Yes, one Gunstar against the armada. I've always wanted to fight a desperate battle against incredible odds!
(Alex just sits there, looking absolutely incredulous)
Grig: I'll have it all figured out by the time we reach the Frontier...
- Also, this exchange:
(Alarm beeping as Grig's face drops)
Alex: What's that?
Grig: The Frontier.
- Not to mention when Alex finds out he IS the Last Starfighter.
- How about:
- "Come in, Centauri, come back here, and take your Tonka toy with you!"
- Everything that happens with the Beta Robot, back on Earth. Test audiences liked the comedy of embarrassments Beta was enduring so the film-makers added more scenes.
- For instance, there is Beta repairing his detached head and dealing with Alex's brother ("You're having a terrible nightmare. Go back to sleep.") just before he sees (to his pained consternation) an assassin landing. Then there's Beta finally giving up and telling Maggie that he's an android, a claim proven moments later when he's shot, revealing his circuitry and squirty innards. His only reaction is a casual "See?" before he gives chase to the shooter.
- What did Beta do to Maggie to cause her to slap Alex next time she saw him? She stuck her tongue in his ear, and he freaked out.
- Beta eavesdropping on Jack Blake and using him as a role model for how to talk to Maggie. Comparing her to Venus seemed to turn her on. Saying the other girls didn't mean anything to him, not so much.