Thanks to Navin being dumb as a stump (not to mention the sheer silliness
of this movie), there's too many to mention. To boil it down to the highlights:
- "I was born a poor black child."
- Terminally white Navin can't keep time with the family's beloved blues music. Then he discovers easy listening, and becomes a human metronome.
- "This music speaks to me!"
- "See that? That's shit. And this? Is Shinola." "Shit....... Shinola!" "Son, you're gonna be all right!"
- Navin and Marie's duet of "Tonight You Belong To Me" is a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, until Marie randomly pulls out a cornet for a solo.
Navin: You know... while you were playing that just now, I had the craziest fantasy that I could rise up, float right down the end of this cornet, right through here, through these valves, right along this tube, come right up against your lips and give you a kiss.
Marie: Why didn't you?
Navin: I didn't wanna get spit on me.
- The entire "and that's all I need" scene.
- This exchange:
Navin: (teary-eyed) ...I'm not?
Mother: You were left on our doorstep. But we raised you like you were one of us!
Navin: You mean I'm gonna stay this color?!
- Navin finds out what his "special purpose" is for. He wishes his family was there for it, but maybe that'll happen in the future because he plans to use it a lot. He also expects extra money next week because his friend Patti has promised him a blowjob!
- The ending: His family struck it "rich", and Navin moves back home. Their old, crappy house is torn down and replaced with... a slightly less crappy, only slightly bigger house.