- Navin and Marie's duet on the beach is the most romantic scene in cinema. There, I said it.
- Steve Martin himself said it was his favorite scene in the movie.
- An opening scene, where Navin learns he is adopted, has a surprising sweetness to it, even with Navin being... well, Navin.
Navin's Mother: You were left on our doorstep. But we raised you like you were one of us!Navin's Mother: Baby, I would love you even if you was the color of a baboon's ass!
- The ending when Navin is reunited with Marie and his family.
- Thought it's meant as a joke, Navin humbly insisting that a charity come to visit him instead tend to someone more deserving.
- Navel, having finally learned the magic of rhythm, joyfully dancing to his family's blues music on the front porch at the end. He just looks so happy!