- Many would contend that Honey (see One-Scene Wonder and Offscreen Moment of Awesome) provides the movie's crowning moment of funny in the scene where Lucius/Frozone is looking for his supersuit.
Where's my super-suit? Honey:
What? Lucius: Where? Is? My? Super? Suit?! Honey:
I, uh, put it away. Lucius: Where
?! Honey: Why
do you need to know?! Lucius:
I need it! Honey:
Uh uh! Don't you even think of runnin' off and doing no derring-do! We've been planning this dinner for two months! Lucius:
The public is in danger! Honey:
My EVENING'S in danger! Lucius: YOU TELL ME WHERE MY SUIT IS, WOMAN!
WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE GREATER GOOD
GREATER GOOD?!? I AM YO' WIFE
!!! I'M THE GREATEST GOOD
YOU ARE EVER
- Every single word the Staring Kid on the tricycle says. Special points to this one:
Kid: THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!!!
- Elastigirl after she infiltrates Syndrome's base. She cleverly dodges trains and hides from guards with ease, and as she turns around to move forward, she notices herself in a mirror... where she sighs unhappily at the sight of her butt. Looks like Bob isn't the only one who put on weight during retirement.
- Bob and Lucius' Lampshading of the tendency of bad guys to monologue.
Lucius: So now, I'm in deep trouble. I mean, one more jolt of this death ray, and I'm an epitaph. Somehow, I manage to find cover, and what does Baron von Ruthless do?
Bob: (chuckles) He starts monologuing?
Lucius: He starts monologuing! He starts, like, this prepared speech about how feeble I am compared to him, how inevitable my defeat is, how the world will soon be his! Yadda yadda yadda.
- Which turns into a Brick Joke in a later scene between Mr. Incredible and Syndrome.
Syndrome: See, now you respect me, because I'm a threat. That's the way it works. Turns out there are a lot of people, whole countries, who want respect, and they'll pay through the nose to get it. How do you think I got rich? I invented weapons, and now I have a weapon only I can defeat and when I unleash it- [gets cut off as Mr. Incredible throws a tree trunk at him. He dodges and freezes Mr. Incredible in place.] You sly dog! You got me monologuing, I can't believe... [chuckles]
- Bob's and Lucius' argument during the fire, after Frozone fails to convince him to go bowling instead of rescuing civilians — they sound like an old married couple:
Bob: Can't you put this out?
Lucius: I can't lay down a layer thick enough! It's evaporating too fast!
Bob: What's that mean?
Lucius: It means IT'S HOT! And I'm dehydrated, Bob!
Bob: You're out of ice?! You can't run out of ice! I thought you could use the water in the air!
Lucius: THERE IS NO WATER IN THIS AIR! What's your excuse? You run out of muscle?!
Bob: I can't just go smashing through walls! The building's getting weaker by the second! It's gonna come down right on top of us!
- The montage of heroes who had... bad luck with capes.
Edna: It will be bold! Dramatic!
Bob: Yeah. Something classic, like, like Dynaguy. Oh, he had a great look! Oh, the cape and the boots...
Edna: [tosses a scrunched up paper ball at Bob's head] No capes!
Bob: Isn't that my decision?
Edna: Do you remember Thunderhead? Tall, storm powers? Nice man, good with kids.
Bob: Listen, E...
Edna: November 15th of '58! All was well, another day saved, when... his cape snagged on a missile fin.
Bob: Thunderhead was not the brightest bulb...
Edna: Stratogale! April 23rd, '57! Cape caught in a jet turbine!
Bob: E, you can't generalize about these things...
Edna: Meta-Man, express elevator! Dynaguy, snagged on takeoff! Splashdown, sucked into a vortex! NO CAPES!
- Edna Mode.
Helen: (through teeth) You know... Elastigirl?
- After the action opening sequence with Bomb Voyage:
Police Officer: Wait, you mean you didn't catch him?
Mr. Incredible: Yeah, Skippy here made sure of that.
Mr. Incredible: YOU'RE NOT AFFILIATED WITH ME!
- This family exchange:
- Not to mention the moment Jack-Jack breaks into laughter like Violet just told a funny joke after the "toilet-trained" line.
- Dash discovering one of the downsides to superspeed: the bugs on a windshield problem.
- "Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl?" (laughs, then looks at the kids) "Oh, and got BIZZAY! It's a whole FAMILY of supers!" (in a redneck accent) "Oh, this is just too good!"
- Mr. Incredible's and Frozone's RiffTrax to their cartoon short:
Mr. Incredible: I was told it was a new process!
Frozone: And what would that new process be, Mr. I? Cheap-o-rama?
- And the first appearance of Frozone...
Wait a second, what's this? Is that me? I'm white
...they made me a white guy?! Mr Incredible
: You're... black-ish
: They made me a white guy!! Mr Incredible
: Well, maybe the print's faded. You're tanned... ish.
Cartoon!Mr. Incredible: Lady Lightbug!
Commentary!Frozone: "Lady Lightbug"?! Why do they get real supers but have to make up the villains?
- Shortly thereafter...
Frozone: Oh, oh, oh, I get caught. The black superhero gets caught.
Mr Incredible: Well, a minute ago, you were complaining they made you white!
Frozone: Oh, that's right... the tanned superhero gets caught!
- And then there's the big argument and Frozone's total meltdown later:
Frozone: This is a stain on my otherwise spotless endorsement record! You owe me one, Incredible!
Mr Incredible: I never saw this! We were forced to go underground before the episodes were finished! You can't blame me!
Mr Incredible: Oh, for Pete's sake. It's not you!
Frozone: It's my likeness!
Mr Incredible: It's a cartoon!
Frozone: And now you have me involved in this commentary, further connecting me to work that is clearly inferior AND CONNECTING ME TO A RABBIT! DID YOU OKAY THE RABBIT?!
Mr Incredible: I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RABBIT, I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY GOT THE RABBIT!
Frozone: WELL SOMEBODY OKAY-ED THE RABBIT!
- "The rabbit is cuddly! Kids like little, cuddly sidekicks. I mean... the rabbit... it's a time tested... okay, the rabbit bites."
- During 100 Mile Dash, a guard makes an absolutely priceless expression just before he hits a cliff.
- After escaping the volcano, the kids spend the night out in the jungle. In the morning, Dash wakes up first...and realizes with disgust that he's cuddled up with Violet in his sleep.
- Don't put your hands on the roof of your car. Especially when you have super-strength.
- The guards in the mobile van that the family steals are watching a TV with the Omnidroid destroying Metroville, while sipping a bottle of champagne.
- Bob catches the cork. Pain ensues for the henchmen.
- Bob and Helen arguing over which exit to take when the Winnebago lands on the freeway after launching from one of Syndrome's rockets. It's arguably funnier if you're from a metropolitan area and are all too familiar with the sentence "That'll take me downtown!"
- And of course, even superhero families on their way to save the day have this time-honoured long-drive exchange...
- At the end of the movie, Dash is finally able to try out for track, and his family is on the bleachers cheering him on... and warning him not to run too fast. The look on the other parents' faces as they listen to the Parrs' instructions of "Make it second! A close second!" is priceless.
- Supplementary materials reveal that Dash gains an entire shelf of second-place track trophies.
- Nearly the entire conversation between Bob and Mr. Huph.
Bob: Did I do something illegal?
Huph: (through gritted teeth) Nnnnno...
Bob: Are you saying that we shouldn't help our customers?
Huph: The law requires that I answer 'no'...
- When Helen finally catches up with Bob, only to find her embracing Mirage (out of relief that his wife and children are still alive). Upon confronting an extremely pissed-off wife, Mirage is under no illusions about the position she's found herself in:
Hello! You must be Mrs. Incre— [Helen punches her in the face — from
the other side of the room — causing her to crumple like a sack of potatoes.] Bob
: She was helping me to escape! Helen
: No, that's what I
was doing. Let go of me, you lousy, lying unfaithful creep— (Bob kisses her
: How could I betray the perfect woman? Helen
: Oh, you're referring to me
: Where are the kids? Mirage
: They might've triggered the alert. Helen
: WHAT?! Mirage
: Security's been sent into the jungle. You'd better get going. Helen
: Our kids are in danger?! Bob
: Well, if you suspected danger, why'd you bring 'em? Helen
: I didn't bring 'em, they stowed away! And I don't think you're striking the proper tone!
- Later when Bob and Helen running through the jungle looking for the kids while arguing.
Bob: I should've told you I was fired, I admit it. But I didn't want you to worry.
Helen: You didn't want me to worry?! And now we're running for our lives through some God-forsaken jungle...
Bob: (grinning at her) You keep trying to pick a fight, but I'm still just happy you're alive!
- "I am Syndrome! Your nemesis and... (inadvertently throws Mr. Incredible out of sight) oh, brilliant."
- The sheer amount of Getting Crap Past the Radar in the Training Montage.
- The entirety of the Jack-Jack short. Of note is Syndrome's appearance near the end.
- He's extremely polite when he finds a more-than-slightly deranged-looking Kari, and the whole conversation is one long CMOF.
Syndrome: Is this the... Parr residence?
: HA-HA! YES! I'M KARI, THE BABY(twitch)
Syndrome: Uh... Hello, Kari... I'm, ah...
: YOU'RE MY REPLACEMENT! THANK HEAVENS YOU'VE COME! (beat)
...What does the "S" stand for?
- In her interview, Mr. Dicker lampshaded her acceptance of the flimsy explanation:
Kari: THE BABY WAS EXPLODING! YOU EVER SIT AN EXPLODING BABY, MR. DICKER?!
- "Easy Helen, easy. Easy, girl. You're overreacting. Everything's fine. They're just...all getting coffee. At the same time. Yeah."
- Even though Jack-Jack's transformation from fiery baby to metal baby to monster is awesome, Syndrome's priceless look and high-pitched scream before Jack-Jack begins beating him up is funny.
- Look very closely when Jack-Jack turns into metal and you can see his facial expression is no longer fear or rage, but pure infantile stubborn grump. He's staring at Syndrome like he's saying "No. I'm not going to go with you."
- The scene where Dash realizes he's fast enough to run on water. That devil-may-care laugh is infectious. So infectious it made CinemaSins subtract a sin from the movie for how good it was.
- "I even brought Mozart to play while he sleeps to make him smarter because leading experts say, 'Mozart makes babies smarter!'"
- Which makes it rather funny when Kari does play music to Jack-Jack; his eyes widen like something's caught his attention... and he starts teleporting. 'Smarter', indeed...
- In a deleted scene, Bob and Helen argue when she suspects him of having an affair, giving us this conversation:
Helen: What's this? (holding up a hair)
Bob: Looks like a hair.
Helen: Whose hair?
Bob: I don't know. Cleaner's?
Helen: It's blond.
Bob: It's white.
Helen: It's platinum blond.
Bob: It's white old lady hair. The cleaner's.
Helen: This is not old hair!
Bob: Why don't you ask what you want to ask?
Helen: Are you having an affair?
Bob: Yeah. Me and the old lady. One look at her laundry and I had to have her. Are you nuts?
- The Incrediblunders a short collection of animation errors during production and the occasional intentional blooper, ranging from Helen and Violet's hair going crazy (due to the rig they use to animate it), characters wearing inappropriate or messed up clothing (or no clothing at all) as it hadn't been rendered yet and Syndrome licking Mirage, wait, what?!
- Two mooks see the ruined base of the monopod slide toward them, and aim their submachine guns into the darkness to blast whoever did this. Then the rest of the monopod comes hurling out of the sky and squashes them as they turn to flee.
- Elastigirl telling her kids not to panic, only to shove them underwater seconds later when the aircraft nosecone comes down on top of them.
- Poor Bernie just can't convince the principal that Dash is guilty of putting thumbtacks on the teacher's chair, even with a hidden camera. And then throws an extremely childish tantrum when the Principal dismisses Dash, scot-free.
I don't know, I don't know how he does it, but there's no tack on my stool before he moves, and after he moves, there's a tack! Coincidence? I think NOT! (Beat) Principal
: (places his hand on Bernie's shoulder
): Uh, Bernie... Bernie
: (takes the Principal's hand off his shoulder)
Don't "Bernie" me! THIS LITTLE RAT IS GUILTY!!! Principal
: (resigned, apologetic)
You and your son can go now, Mrs. Parr. Sorry for the trouble. Bernie
: You're lettin' him go again?!
He's guilty! You can see it on his smug little face! GUILTY, I SAY! GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY! NO!
(Helen closes the door, blotting out his voice.
- Dash playing with the huge echo in the cave.
- Syndrome being defeated by the one weakness of superhero clothing: the accident-prone cape.
- Mr. Incredible ejecting Buddy from his car.
- This moment during the dinner scene.
Violet: I'm not hungry for meatloaf.
Helen: Well, it is leftover night. We have steak, pasta... What are you hungry for?
Dash: (teasingly) Tony Rydinger.
Violet: Shut up!
Dash: Well, you are.
Violet: I said shut up, you little insect!
Dash: Well, she is!
- And right before the dinner fight...
Dash: She'd eat it if we were having Tony-loaf.
- WE'RE DEAD! WE'RE DEAD! WE SURVIVED BUT WE'RE DEAD!
- Mr. Incredible's acknowledgement of the people (and cat) he just helped in the opening:
Mr. Incredible: Officers, ma'am...-voice drops about an octave- Squeaker.
- Before that, when Mr. Incredible realizes he's going to be getting the old lady's cat out of the tree while simultaneously stopping a group of armed bank robbers:
Mr. Incredible: "Stand back ma'am: it could be dangerous."
- When the family is fighting Syndrome's goons, one aircraft explodes...and Bob and Helen say to each other "I love you." Dash and Violet just stare at their parents with totally blank expressions.
- Elastigirl's introduction: Mr. Incredible confronts a mugger on a building roof. The mugger nervously pulls out a gun, only to get punched out by Elastigirl from off-screen. Later, the guy comes to when the two heroes are discussing gender roles: