- Many would contend that Honey (see One-Scene Wonder and Offscreen Moment of Awesome) provides the movie's crowning moment of funny in the scene where Frozone is looking for his supersuit.
"Honey! Where's my super-suit?"
"Where? Is? My? Super? Suit?!
"I, uh, put it away."
do you need to know?!"
"I need it!"
"Uh uh! Don't you even think of runnin' off and doing no derring-do! We've been planning this dinner for two months!"
"The public is in danger!"
"My EVENING'S in danger!"
"YOU TELL ME WHERE MY SUIT IS, WOMAN!
WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE GREATER GOOD
"GREATER GOOD?!? I AM YO' WIFE
!!! I'M THE GREATEST GOOD
YOU ARE EVER
- Every single word the Staring Kid on the tricycle says. Special points to this one:
Kid: THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!!!
- Elastigirl after she infiltrates Syndrome's base. She cleverly dodges trains and hides from guards with ease, and as she turns around to move forward, she notices herself in a mirror... where she sighs unhappily at the sight of her butt. Looks like Bob isn't the only one who put on weight during retirement.
- Mr. Incredible's and Frozone's Lampshading of the tendency of bad guys to monologue.
Frozone: So, now I'm in real trouble. One more blast of this death ray and I'm an epitaph. Somehow, I manage to find cover, and what does Baron von Ruthless do?
Mr. Incredible: (chuckles) Let me guess...He starts monologuing.
Frozone: He starts monologuing! He starts, like, this prepared speech about how feeble I am compared to him, how inevitable my defeat is, how the world will soon be his! Yadda yadda yadda.
Mr. Incredible: Yammering.
- Which turns into a Brick Joke in a later scene between Mr. Incredible and Syndrome.
Syndrome: See, Now you respect me, because I'm a threat. That's the way it works. Turns out there are a lot of people, whole countries, who want respect, and they'll pay through the nose to get it. How do you think I got rich? I invented weapons, and now I have a weapon only I can defeat and when I unleash it- [gets cut off as Mr. Incredible throws a tree trunk at him. He dodges and freezes Mr. Incredible in place.] You sly dog! You got me monologuing, I can't believe... [chuckles]
- Mr. Incredible's and Frozone's argument during the fire, after Frozone fails to convince him to go bowling instead of rescuing civilians — they sound like an old married couple:
Mr. Incredible: Can't you put this out?
Frozone: I can't lay down a layer thick enough! It's evaporating too fast!
Mr. Incredible: What's that mean?
Frozone: It means IT'S HOT! And I'm dehydrated, Bob!
Mr. Incredible: You're out of ice?! You can't run out of ice! I thought you could use the water in the air!
Frozone: THERE IS NO WATER IN THIS AIR! What's your excuse? You run out of muscle?!
Mr. Incredible: I can't just go smashing through walls! The building's getting weaker by the second! It's gonna come down right on top of us!
- The montage of heroes who had... bad luck with capes.
Edna: NO CAPES!
- Edna Mode.
Helen: (through teeth) You know... Elastigirl?
- After the action opening sequence with Bomb Voyage:
Police Officer: Wait, you mean you didn't catch him?
Mr. Incredible: Yeah, Skippy here made sure of that.
Mr. Incredible: YOU'RE NOT AFFILIATED WITH ME!
- This family exchange:
- Dash discovering one of the downsides to superspeed: the bugs on a windshield problem.
- "Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl?" (laughs, then looks at the kids) "Oh, and got BIZZAY! It's a whole FAMILY of supers!" (in a redneck accent) "Oh, this is just too good!"
- Mr. Incredible's and Frozone's RiffTrax to their cartoon short:
Mr. Incredible: I was told it was a new process!
Frozone: And what would that new process be, Mr. I? Cheap-o-rama?
- And the first appearance of Frozone...
Wait a second, what's this? Is that me? I'm white
...they made me a white guy?! Mr Incredible
: You're... black-ish
: They made me a white guy!! Mr Incredible
: Well, maybe the print's faded. You're tanned... ish.
Cartoon!Mr. Incredible: Lady Lightbug!
Commentary!Frozone: "Lady Lightbug"?! Why do they get real supers but have to make up the villains?
- Shortly thereafter...
Frozone: Oh, oh, oh, I get caught. The black superhero gets caught.
Mr Incredible: Well, a minute ago, you were complaining they made you white!
Frozone: Oh, that's right... the tanned superhero gets caught!
- And then there's the big argument and Frozone's total meltdown later:
Frozone: This is a stain on my otherwise spotless endorsement record! You owe me one, Incredible!
Mr Incredible: I never saw this! We were forced to go underground before the episodes were finished! You can't blame me!
Mr Incredible: Oh, for Pete's sake. It's not you!
Frozone: It's my likeness!
Mr Incredible: It's a cartoon!
Frozone: And now you have me involved in this commentary, further connecting me to work that is clearly inferior AND CONNECTING ME TO A RABBIT! DID YOU OKAY THE RABBIT?!
Mr Incredible: I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RABBIT, I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY GOT THE RABBIT!
Frozone: WELL SOMEBODY OKAY-ED THE RABBIT!
- "The rabbit is cuddly! Kids like little, cuddly sidekicks. I mean... the rabbit... it's a time tested... okay, the rabbit bites."
- During 100 Mile Dash, a guard makes an absolutely priceless expression just before he hits a cliff.
- After escaping the volcano, the kids spend the night out in the jungle. In the morning, Dash wakes up first...and realizes with disgust that he's cuddled up with Violet in his sleep.
- Don't put your hands on the roof of your car. Especially when you have super-strength.
- The guards in the mobile van that the family steals are watching a TV with the Omnidroid destroying Metroville, while sipping a bottle of champagne.
- Bob catches the cork. Pain ensues for the henchmen.
- Bob and Helen arguing over which exit to take when the Winnebago lands on the freeway after launching from one of Syndrome's rockets.
- And of course, even superhero families on their way to save the day have this time-honoured long-drive exchange...
- At the end of the movie, Dash is finally able to try out for track, and his family is on the bleachers cheering him on... and warning him not to run too fast. The look on the other parents' faces as they listen to the Parrs' instructions of "Make it second! A close second!" is priceless.
- Nearly the entire conversation between Bob and Mr. Huph.
Bob: Did I do something illegal?
Huph: (through gritted teeth) Nnnnno...
Bob: Are you saying that we shouldn't help our customers?
Huph: The law requires that I answer 'no'...
- After Helen rescues Bob and they're running through the jungle looking for the kids while arguing.
Bob: I should have told you about being fired, I admit it, but I didn't want you to worry.
Helen: You didn't want me to worry?! And now we're running for our lives through some God-forsaken jungle...
Bob: (grinning at her) You keep trying to pick a fight, but I'm still just happy you're alive!
- "I am Syndrome! Your nemesis and... (inadvertently throws Mr. Incredible out of sight) oh, brilliant."
- The sheer amount of Getting Crap Past the Radar in the Training Montage.
- The entirety of the Jack-Jack short. Of note is Syndrome's appearance near the end.
- He's extremely polite when he finds a more-than-slightly deranged-looking Kari, and the whole conversation is one long CMOF.
Syndrome: Is this the... Parr residence?
: HA-HA! YES! I'M KARI, THE BABY(twitch)
Syndrome: Uh... Hello, Kari... I'm, ah...
: YOU'RE MY REPLACEMENT! THANK HEAVENS YOU'VE COME! (beat)
...What does the "S" stand for?
- In her interview, Mr. Dicker lampshaded her acceptance of the flimsy explanation:
Kari: THE BABY WAS EXPLODING! YOU EVER SIT AN EXPLODING BABY, MR. DICKER?!
- "Easy Helen, easy. Easy, girl. You're overreacting. Everything's fine. They're just...all getting coffee. At the same time. Yeah."
- Even though Jack-Jack's transformation from fiery baby to metal baby to monster is awesome, Syndrome's priceless look and high-pitched scream before Jack-Jack begins beating him up is funny.
- The scene where Dash realizes he's fast enough to run on water. That devil-may-care laugh is infectious.
- "I even brought Mozart to play while he sleeps to make him smarter because leading experts say, 'Mozart makes babies smarter!'"
- Which makes it rather funny when Kari does play music to Jack-Jack; his eyes widen like something's caught his attention...and he starts teleporting. 'Smarter', indeed...
- In a deleted scene, Bob and Helen argue when she suspects him of having an affair, giving us this conversation:
Helen: What's this? (holding up a hair)
Bob: Looks like a hair.
Helen: Whose hair?
Bob: I don't know. Cleaner's?
Helen: It's blond.
Bob: It's white.
Helen: It's platinum blond.
Bob: It's white old lady hair. The cleaner's.
Helen: This is not old hair!
Bob: Why don't you ask what you want to ask?
Helen: Are you having an affair?
Bob: Yeah. Me and the old lady. One look at her laundry and I had to have her. Are you nuts?
- The Incrediblunders a short collection of animation errors during production and the occasional intentional blooper, ranging from Helen and Violet's hair going crazy (due to the rig they use to animate it), characters wearing inappropriate or messed up clothing (or no clothing at all) as it hadn't been rendered yet and Syndrome licking Mirage, wait, what?!
- Two mooks see the ruined base of the monopod slide toward them, and aim their submachine guns into the darkness to blast whoever did this. Then the rest of the monopod comes hurling out of the sky and squashes them as they turn to flee.
- Elastigirl telling her kids not to panic, only to shove them underwater seconds later when the aircraft nosecone comes down on top of them.
- Poor Bernie just can't convince the principal that Dash is guilty of putting thumbtacks on the teacher's chair, even with a hidden camera.
Bernie: I don't know, I don't know how he does it, but there's no tack on my stool before he moves, and after he moves, there's a tack! Coincidence? I think NOT!
- Dash playing with the huge echo in the cave.
- Syndrome being defeated by the one weakness of superhero clothing: the accident-prone cape.
- Mr. Incredible ejecting Buddy from his car.