One of the snarkiest men in Professional Wrestling
. While he is also extremely
funny in DX
, these are 100% Shawn only:
- "SEE?!? I JUST KICKED STAN!!!"
- Eliminating Mike Knox in seconds at Survivor Series 2006, then rushing over to Triple H to ask "who was that?"
- He then slides out of the ring where Melina was standing, in the middle of chewing out the commentators for badmouthing her boyfriend, Johnny Nitro. Shawn, playing some mindgames, sidles up behind her and puts his arm around her like Johnny would, in typical Sexy Boy style. Hilarity Ensues when Melina realizes who it is.
- His great parody of Hulk Hogan before their infamous Summerslam 2005 match (not to mention his over-the-top selling of Hogan's moves during said match, which is the main reason it's infamous).
- Anytime he interrupts a promo for a cheap plug (and there's no plug too cheap for Shawn Michaels).
- During a Vince promo in 1997, Shawn slipped in a one-liner on commentary:
"I call him Richard, but I call him Dick for short."
- Shawn's ring jacket gets stuck in the floor grid. Needless to say, not one of his prouder moments.
- In an effort to put a rift between Shawn and Triple H, commissioner Sgt. Slaughter books a match between the two for the European title. After teasing a D-Generation X breakup all night, the two proceed to have the biggest mockery of a match in Raw history. See the entire thing here, complete with Jim Cornette's Hurricane of Euphemisms afterward.
- What really makes this hilarious is Shawn's blubbering, melodramatic speech after the match.
- During Carlito's Cabana, Carlito lures Shawn into a trap so he can get attacked by Chris Masters, and Shawn lampshades the hell out of it:
"You know, you'd think after 21 years of doing this, you'd think I'd be smart enough to not get myself into these situations!"
- Shawn would like to convey his feelings on the idea of Jonathan Coachman wrestling.
- Shawn's refereeing of a match between Kane and Rob Conway in which Shawn's set up to be Kane's personal Butt Monkey (the "May 19th" stuff makes sense in context). Shawn takes the Easily Distracted Referee trope to its hilarious conclusion. Especially as he slips out of the ring darting his eyes back and forth as if to say, "I didn't have anything to do with this."
- "Now I know what you're thinking...he's headlined Wrestlemanias, he's held every championship under the sun, and I don't know if I've mentioned this lately, but I sing my own theme music!"
- Shawn's Twitter is a goldmine of funny, highlighting how deeply sarcastic, completely unaware of pop culture, and a total country-boy Shawn is.
- From the Wild Card Match at Survivor Series 1995 in which Shawn was teamed with then-hated enemy Psycho Sid: Sid sets up Razor Ramon for Shawn's Superkick, Razor moves and Shawn hits Sid by mistake, leading to Sid being pinned. Shawn just shrugs, mouths "Oh Well" to the camera, and does this little "Missed it by that much" gesture with his fingers. Hilarious.
- "It's better to be pissed off...than pissed on..." Shane and Vince definitely found this out the hard way.