- During a solo acoustic performance of "Cream", after the lyric "Baby there ain't nobody better" Prince deadpans "I wrote this song while looking in a mirror."
- At the end of "Temptation", Prince proclaims that he needs a woman "in the worst way." God (actually Prince with his voice completely distorted and slurred) decides to intervene at this point (totally deadpan):
God: Oh silly man, that's not how it works. You have to want her for the right reasons.
Prince: I do!
God: You don't. Now die.
- Also in the "completely-distorted-and-slurred-voice" mode, Prince's similarly over-the-top, incredibly violent Cluster F-Bomb-throwing deadpan monologue in "Bob George".
Prince: You seeing that rich motherfucker again! What's his name? Bob? Bob, ain't that a bitch? What's he do for a living? Manage rock stars? Who? Prince?! Ain't that a bitch? That skinny motherfucker with the high voice?!
- "Rockhard in a Funky Place":
Prince: I just hate to see an erection go to waste!
- This famous line from the unreleased original version of "Extra Lovable":
Prince: Baby I know my rap is hard, but not as hard as what's behind door, *dig it* door number pants
- After years of distaste for YouTube and similar sites, and a poor sense of humor about himself, Prince released a single inspired by a Chappelle's Show skit at his expense, with Dave Chappelle dressed as him as the cover. Like the skit, the video also does not feature him in it, but instead has the video's (female) director/choreographer impersonating him.
- "Alphabet St." accidentally provides one of the funniest moments in Prince's discography due to a sample being reused at the right moment. For context: the song begins with a drum machine beat and Prince yelling "NO!" in a high-pitched squeal. Towards the middle, there's a breakdown where Prince chants "Cat, we need you to rap!" twice before Cat Glover's guest rap comes on. The "NO!" scream is replayed at a perfect timing after the first chant, making it seem like the song has temporarily gained sentience and is protesting that it most certainly does not need Cat to rap.
- Prince on Muppets Tonight. Right to even a joke regarding The Trope Formerly Known as X. He even writes a song about food! Twice.
Bobo: And your name is?Prince: (Looks at the camera) This will be fun.
- And even early on, Prince is detailed by Bobo:
- When Bobo still won't check the list for his name: JUST CHECK THE LIST, FOOL!
- Prince dressed as a farmer. With a southern accent.
- After his death was announced, the parody account Prince Tweets 2 U said that he had seen the account and thought it was Actually Pretty Funny.
- Prince kicked Kim Kardashian off his stage when she refused to dance with him. Even funnier since he specifically invited her up to dance, and she just stood there.
- His cameo on New Girl. Especially because he was a Big Name Fan.
- According to Questlove of The Roots, Prince asks him to DJ an afterparty and not long after the party gets going, he boots Questlove from the decks and replaces the music with Finding Nemo.
- He and Jimmy Fallon later tell a story about Prince destroying Fallon at ping-pong, then vanishing immediately after. When Questlove caught him at the light and asked him what happened, Prince just replied "Ask your boy" and rolled the windows of his car up.
- Mentioned on the main page: his surprise appearance on The View ended when Sherri Shepherd told him "You don't understand, Prince; I have wanted to make love to you my whole life!" Prince immediately stood up and walked away.
Prince: So on that note...
- There are countless incidents of a camera cutting to Prince in the audience at award shows, revealing his displeasure with the events occurring before him. Just one reason why longtime fans call him "King of Shade."
Prince: How much longer?
- The best has to be him rolling his eyes at a video of Madonna covering Marvin Gaye's "I Want You".