From left to right: Whoopi Goldberg, Barbara Walters, Joy Behar, Elisbeth HasselbeckThe View
is the fourth longest-running
daytime talk show in American history, airing weekdays on ABC
. It is hosted by a panel of five female celebrities who engage in news commentary, celebrity gossip, and newsmaker interviews.
This TV show provides examples of the following:
- Artifact Title: It's a shortened version of the original title, The View From Here.
- "Have a great day everyone, and take a little time to enjoy The View!"
- "Enjoy The View!"
- Conspiracy Theorist: Rosie O'Donnell, during her turbulent hosting tenure in the tenth season, repeated the conspiracy theory that World Trade Center 7 — the last building in the WTC complex to collapse on 9/11 — couldn't have collapsed on its own, insisting, "[for] the first time in history, steel was melted by fire." Popular Mechanics quickly pointed out that the collapse of the Twin Towers and the resulting fires weakened the already-damaged support columns inside WTC 7 enough to cause their collapse.
- Dueling Shows: With The Talk on CBS.
- Long Runner: Since 1997. It's currently in its seventeenth season.
- Milestone Celebration: In 2014 many episodes were a tribute to Barbara Walters, who retired from the show (and from reporting in general).
- Talk Show: One of the definitive American examples.
- Trans Atlantic Equivalent: The British version is known as Loose Women.