The View is the fourth longest-running daytime talk show in American history, airing weekdays on ABC. It is hosted by a panel of five female celebrities who engage in news commentary, celebrity gossip, and newsmaker interviews.
This TV show provides examples of the following:
- "Have a great day everyone, and take a little time to enjoy The View!"
- "Enjoy The View!"
- Camp Gay: The show's most frequent guest, Mario Cantone.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Rosie O'Donnell, during her turbulent hosting tenure in the tenth season, repeated the conspiracy theory that World Trade Center 7 — the last building in the WTC complex to collapse on 9/11 — couldn't have collapsed on its own, insisting, "[for] the first time in history, steel was melted by fire." Popular Mechanics quickly pointed out that the collapse of the Twin Towers and the resulting fires weakened the already-damaged support columns inside WTC 7 enough to cause their collapse.
- Long Runner: Since 1997. It's currently in its seventeenth season.
- Revolving Door Casting: Especially in recent years, it's been having a hard time hanging on to its co-hosts.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: During an interview segment, a comment made by Bill O'Reilly so upset Joy and Whoopi that the latter two left the conversation and went backstage together. They eventually returned to their seats, but Barbara admonished them at the beginning of the show on the next day.
- Talk Show: One of the definitive American examples.
- Team Mom: Barbara, who hired all of her co-hosts. Even though she has retired from the show, this has not changed, as the other women of The View still see her as a leader and a hero.
- Transatlantic Equivalent: The British version is known as Loose Women.