- In 1984, Prince became the first and only person to simultaneously have the #1 album, #1 single and #1 film in the USA.
- February 2, 2007: Prince plays at Super Bowl XLI, performing on a giant symbol, busting out old mid-80s classics, and covers Creedence Clearwater Revival and the Foo Fighters. All while rocking an aqua-colored suit. In the middle of a thunderstorm. Billboard.com rated it the best Super Bowl performance of all time.
Can you make it rain any harder?
- He played "Purple Rain" when there was actual purple rain in the sky. Only Prince could make the weather seem choreographed.
- When the producers warned him that he'd have to perform in the rain, his reply:
- A George Harrison tribute is going just fine until Prince decides to make some poor guitar his bitch.
- It's even better than that. For the entirety of the song beforehand, Prince is just standing off to the side with the spotlight not even on him. He's just sitting in the shadows quietly playing the rhythm section…and then fucking explodes.
- Watch the other performers on the stage when Prince really gets grooving; Tom Petty keeps nodding, urging Prince on, and Dhani Harrison (George's son) can't get the smile off his face.
- After years of distaste for YouTube and similar sites, and a poor sense of humor about himself, Prince released a single inspired by a Chappelle's Show skit at his expense, with Dave Chappelle dressed as him as the cover. Like the skit, the video also does not feature him in it, but instead has the video's (female) director/choreographer impersonating him.
- "That's like a Prince judo move. You make a joke about me? I'm gonna use it as an album cover."
- All of his Saturday Night Live performances were awesome (including his first one during Saturday Night Live's horrible sixth season), but the final one before his death deserves special mention: foregoing the typical two songs the show affords musical guests (one in the middle, one at the end), he did a single eight-minute medley tearing ass through his newest songs with his all-girl backing band 3rdEyeGirl. Chris Rock and the audience were so hyped they were barely coherent during the intro.
Chris Rock: Ladies and gentlemen YOU ARE SO LUCKY TO BE HERE TONIGHT!!!"