Funny: Press Your Luck
- The Facebook game has one: If none of the players on a "Whammy Round" question get it wrong (either by answering correctly or using a wildcard to pass on it), the Whammy walks out sad, hands in his pockets. He then pulls the pockets out to reveal they're empty, and then kneels on the ground and has a round of silent Inelegant Blubbering. His tears almost fill the space...only for a hand to come from above and pull out a stopper plug on the floor, draining the tears (and the Whammy) off the screen.
- On the series, whenever a contestant landed on an Undesirable Prize (say, a Flokati Rug), Peter would ask "Stop at a [undesirable prize]! What is an [undesirable prize]?!"
- Some of the Whammies, including one that lampshaded contestants' cries of "Big Bucks!" by bringing out a large deer. It's even more amusing when you realize that the Whammies were generally voiced by franchise creator Bill Carruthers.
Whammy: All I hear is "Big Bucks! Big Bucks!" — I've got your big buck! (deer walks on-screen) Heh, heh.
- April 3, 1984: Karen Martin asking for, and getting, a "pool table for Dan" [her husband]. She hit a Whammy later that round.
- October 22, 1984: Mabel won by default because the two other contestants hit four Whammies. Unfortunately, her score was $0, which caused Peter to stumble around a bit in total disbelief. When the show returned from break and he had composed himself:
Peter Tomarken: Press Your Luck winner Mabel, now is the time when Rod Roddy tells you everything you've won! Rod?
Rod Roddy: Yes, Peter?
Peter: What'd she win?
- March 12, 1986: Peter imitates the windsurfer from the Bahamas prize film.