Funny: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular
- Upon working up the courage to face the cockroach everyone else is afraid of, Tomoko squishes it without remorse. And happily goes to clean her shoe as she imagines what her classmates think of her. Good news, they're not ignoring her anymore. Bad news, they now think of her as the weird quiet girl who crushes anything that annoys her, even something that has the rest of the class up and running in the opposite direction. It is both sad, and completely hilarious.
- In the spinoff, "It's not my fault my friend is not popular" during one of their earlier meetings Yuu hears Tomoko talking about "getting hard" and is confused by what it could mean. She then reads it up in a book and is confused by the word for the male genital, which she then looks up too and gets more confused. The whole scene makes it look like Yuu is very naive and has no clue about sex. Until the end where it's revealed she knew what it was the whole time but merely knew the vulgar term for it.
- "This slut is my friend."
- Memories of peeping were made!!
- brb gotta shit
- The whole snafu with Kii-chan and Tomoko's "boyfriend".
Kii-chan: A-Are you just using onee-chan for sex?
- The sequence with Tomoko's mom hearing her eroge vocals, especially in the anime.
- This exchange.
Tomoko: Let me see your dick.Tomoki: Fuck off.
- Later in the same chapter, Tomoko Googling for NSFW images on her phone in class... and getting caught when she fumbles her phone.
"My mind is so stuck on dicks I can't concentrate at all..."Of the fraction of girls who have seen a naked guy (penis), Kuroki-san is now well-known to be one of them.
- The anime OP. Nothing within the OP itself, but just the fact that a Slice of Life Cringe Comedy gets such a hardcore, heavy metal OP.
- The 3rd ED. The lyrics mockingly talk about her "pure heart" and then she goes and pulls an ahegao while throwing up V-signs at 0:45.
- The full version of the song makes it abundantly clear that it's about the Walk of Shame. More specifically, the Walk of Shame after doing business with a hooker.
- Another moment where she ends up with an ahegao face. During an episode where she reads that sleeping while lying on your stomach can lead to erotic dreams, she tries to do this for several nights but only gets hilarious nightmares instead, leaving her extremely tired in class. Where she, during a test, accidentally falls asleep and has an erotic dream ending the episode/chapter with this face.
- Tomoko tends to overreact to small inconveniences with extraordinarily venomous inner monologues which, if said out loud today, would get her suspended.
"My... My umbrella is not here. Why!? It must have been stolen!! So, there's someone in this school who would steal an umbrella when it's pouring outside like this... And that jerk just goes about his day, without a care in the world, enjoying his youth. Worthless piece of scum is probably dating someone too... Not caring even a bit that I have to walk home in this rain and get soaked!! It's infuriating!! I want to KILL HIM! I want to make him suffer and die! I want to MURDER everyone who ever stole an umbrella!!! I WANT TO... Oh, here it is."
- The whole scene where Tomoko is with Yuu at the mall takes Ship Tease and Cringe Comedy Up to Eleven, especially this line at the end of the scene.
Tomoko: *Inner Monologue, regarding Yuu's physical attractiveness* "If I was her boyfriend... *out-loud* I would be so hard right now."Yuu: "Eh?"
- The author's message for the English-language release of the first volume:
The many comments and d*ck pics we got following the publication of volume 1 in Japan live on in our hearts to this very day!
- Tomoko has more money than usual from New Year's, so she does what she's always wanted to do: bitch-slap her brother with a stack of money.
- "The hell did this slut just say?!?"
- On Christmas Eve, Tomoko acts out with her plushie (which looks like Domo-kun) what she thinks Yuu is doing with her boyfriend: having sex with the plushie as Yuu.
- The last page of chapter 24, where Tomoko explains to Yuu what happened: "I got raped by a spear today."
- Kii-chan's expressions of anger are terrifyingly funny.
- The ending of chapter 61, where Tomoko's attempt to act as the older cousin and give Kii a serious lecture gets undermined by her Implausible Deniability about the fact that she peed herself when Kii pulled a scary prank on her.
- In chapter 74 Tomoko wishes at a shrine that all the girls she sees having a good time end up married to Fat NEETs
- In the spinoff: Tomoko gets a caterpillar on her head. Yuu tries to swipe it off with a broom but she swings too hard and squishes it. Instead of screaming, Tomoko spaces out and imagines she's a samurai, sword in hand.
- In chapter 80, we get an extended look at how others see Tomoko. It's as painfully hilarious as you would expect. It ends with her roommate having PTSD-esque flashbacks of Tomoko.