- This conversation:
Chance: I'll give him the old puppy-eyed look. (whimpering)
Chef: Sorry fella, it's not for dogs. (some meatballs fall off the table)
Chance: Flying meat! (eating the meatballs) Ahh! Hot! Hot!
- "He bit me with his butt!!!!!"
- Chance sniffing the fat chef's butt (including closeup).
"Must be someone new. I never forget a face."
- Chance chasing chickens:
Chance: Hallelujah, I've died and gone to Kentucky!
Chance: Hey, which one of you are regular and which ones are extra crispy?
- He also chases a goose into a corner.
Chance: Hey hey, come on, I'm not gonna hurt you I just wanna chew on your neck.
- He later gets chased off by a turkey, unsure of what it is.
Chance: Whoa! What the?! (Runs away) Help! It's Birdzilla! I swear I'll never eat a McNugget again!
- While sleeping in the forest.
(wings flapping, Chance raises his head)
Shadow: (annoyed) Now what?
Chance: (voice shaking) There's something out there.
Sassy: (trying to scare Chance) Ooooooooooooohhhh!
Shadow: Enough, Sassy! Now sleep!
- At one point in the movie, the dog playing Chance charges face-first into a sapling at full throttle and then just keeps on running. This event was clearly accidental, but the sheer spontaneity and reality of it is what makes it so hilarious; it wouldn't have been nearly as funny if it had been planned in advance with a CG dog.
- And this gem:
Chance: Hey! Remember hot dogs?
Shadow: Yeah. Never much cared for the name though...
Chance: Well, I don't think they're really made out of dog...
Shadow: I don't think they're made of meat.
- While trying to escape a cougar:
Chance: I'm such a wimp! I'm running from a cat!
Shadow: I won't tell if you won't!
Chance: 'Course, this is no ordinary housecat. This is, like, Arnold Schwarzenkitty!
- This too:
Here, kitty kitty kitty kitty. Sassy: "Here kitty kitty kitty."
Not in your life, chubby. Guard:
Here kitty kittty. Here, kitty. SCAT!
Here, kitty kitty kitty. Sassy:
No, dummy dummy dummy dummy. Guard: [walking away]
Stupid cat! Sassy:
Hmmm! What a bozo.
- Chance's confession.
Chance: Okay, okay, I'll talk! I left a gift on the carpet. I let Sassy take the heat for when I unrolled the toilet paper all over the house. I stole underwear on three occasions! [the vet yanks a quill out of his face] Okay, okay, four, four!
- The entire 'fishing scene'
Chance: Woah, there's one! Oh, there's one! Woah, sit fish! Stay fish. Hey, Shadow, how'd you get one of those?
Chance:: Stay fish! Sassy, help me out here will you, I'm starving.
Sassy: (*taunting*) Say it first.
Chance:: Oh come on!
Chance: *Grudgingly* OK, cats rule and dogs drool!
Sassy: I can't hear you.
Chance: Cats rule and dogs drool, you happy!
- Also, after Chance and Bando (Delilah's wannabe boyfriend) argue over her:
Riley: Enough! Bando, knock it off!
Bando: (humbly) Sorry, Riley. I wasn't trying to start nothing. I'm done. I'm done. (under his breath) Stupid lost dog, trying to steal my woman. Homewrecker!
- Chance terrified of the shadows in the alley.
Chance: Uh guys, they're big, they're huge, they're coming to get me!
- Scenes with Pete:
Chance: You know there's a furry ugly thing growing out of your butt?
Chance: It's your tail, genius! (bites it)
Shadow: Sassy, can you get down?
Sassy: Not with old "pffff" face down here.
Pete: You're still there, kitty?
Sassy: Oh, duh!
- The animals are sitting in front of the plane:
Chance: I wasn't scared. I wasn't scared for one little... Bit.
- There was right after when they see the airport security chasing them and Sassy tells them to stay and get hit while she runs off.
- Later on, Sassy starts trying to warm up to a little boy with a cat and Chance decides to try it himself.
Lady: Beat it Moron. Go Away!
Chance: Meow. Meow.
Lady: GO AWAY!
Chance: Meow? Wait, wait, Meow! (lady closes door).
- And when Chance starts talking about how Dogs always know where they’re going.
Chance: We always know what's in fro.. ouff!
- Followed immediately after by:
Ashcan: Hey Punk... Watch It!
Chance: Woo, no offense dude, but you need a bath.
- THIS IS CRAZY. WHAT'D THAT DOG EAT FOR BREAKFAST? JET FUEL?
- And then chance jumps into a hole while, again, talking about how he always knows what he's doing.
- Delilah wants to show Chance her favorite part of the city.
Chance: Does it involve food? (Runs into a trashcan) Meant to do that!
- Finally, Chance gets Ashcan and Pete to chase him, and Ashcan gets on the seesaw, with Pete right behind him, which prevents it from going down. Ashcan has to point this out to Pete, and he gets off... for the seesaw to come up and hit him right under the chin.