Trivia: Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey
This movie contains examples of the following tropes:
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Ted Striker plays the kids' stepfather.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Don Ameche voices Shadow; Michael J. Fox voices Chance; Sally Field voices Sassy.
- In the French dub, Jean Reno voices Shadow and Christain Clavier voices Chance.
- In the Norwegian dub, Chance is adult Simba.
- Throw It In: Chance running full throttle into a sapling and then keeping on running (specifically the part where Chance implies that Sassy is fat when rushing off for breakfast) was done completely by accident by the dog actor. They thought it was somewhat hilarious, so they kept it in. Similarly, Michael J. Fox and Sally Field adlibbed the lines right after Chance ran into the tree.
- Similarly, Chance stumbling when running through a field was given a humorous line. "Whoa! Gopher hole!"
Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco:
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Spike was T.J. Detweiler.
- The Other Darrin: Following Don Ameche's passing (the first Homeward Bound was his second-last film role), Shadow was voiced in the sequel by Ralph Waite.
- Not to mention at least some (if not all) of the animals were recast. Less obvious, but Chance's spots were a different color.